Wheel refinishing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nora

Reaction score
Looking at getting my wheels refinished so what is better for longevity and looks, powder coating or painting in 2 pack?

I had mine done in Cloud White when the van was done, but not entirely happy with the finish ... So i'm getting them completely stripped and stove enameled at Tarleton Tyres which is not a million miles away from you ... all in for £190 :)

matty74 said:
I had mine done in Cloud White when the van was done, but not entirely happy with the finish ... So i'm getting them completely stripped and stove enameled at Tarleton Tyres which is not a million miles away from you ... all in for £190 :)

That's sounds reasonable, would you mind if I popped round and had a look at them when you've had them done? I found a place in Longton that does powder coating that I was going to see, they're called Tilling Alloy Wheel refurbishment and charge £175 for 5 bare wheels to be refinished.

Yeah no worries ... hopefully getting Van back at end of month (took her over to Dubholstery for the interior trimming last Friday) then i'll have it in at Tarleton ... so i'll let you know once done ... be about Mid July I reckon.

When you get your powder coated wheels back, make sure all the coating is removed from the flange where the bolts sit. If you don't when the brakes get hot the powder coating will soften and the nearside wheel bolts will loosen and you will loose your wheel. Seriously!

Alistair

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Latest posts