where does all the brake fluid go when the pipe disconects..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeboll

Reaction score
.. from the reservoir. because I think had better find out! - pipe disconnected and dumped the lot out

I've cleaned out the front cab, suspect I've washed away any remaining grease in gear linkage and around pedals. I'm presuming most dropped down the front though and I'm struggling to find out where.

any tips?

also - what could cause this other than bad luck and an old pipe. my brakes were unusally stiff then normal after a months lay up. was wondering if I have back pressure from the master cylinder if such a thing is possible?

mine fell out under the vehicle as the pipe came off from the master cyclinder, its push fit and held in place with rubber sleeve only available from Heritage.
3 quid it is...
it depends on the year of your vehicle as to what you have linking the resevoir inside the cab to your master cyclinder under the van....find the master cylinder and look for the pipe pointing toward the front of the van from underneath..thats the link pipe..perhaps the rubber sleeve has perished...it only pushes on as its non pressurised that side of the master cylinder.

new seals ordered for both ends and jubilee clips holding in place for time being. my biggerst fear is the paintless area at the front that I cant see but suspect is there!

weeboll said:
new seals ordered for both ends and jubilee clips holding in place for time being. my biggerst fear is the paintless area at the front that I cant see but suspect is there!

Rinse with lots of water, warm soapy as well if you like.

When its all thoroughly dried out (could take a while) inject a dose of Dinitrol into the affected area.

Latest posts