• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Where, oh where, has my Danbury gone?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midnight and not a sound from the BusSite
e-mail has not been answered
will the outlook be grey :cry:
Or will morning bring a great happiness :D
Will the answer :?:
Be ee eee Yes :lol:

(With apologies to Cats) :oops:

Update on CCG 567K
By 3 this afternoon I could not wait any longer for a reply and 'phoned BusHaus. Apparently my e-mail has been forwarded to the current owner, but the BusHaus owner did not reckon there was much chance of us getting her back.
The current owner has had her for two+ years and the restoration is nearly finished. They are looking forward to going on holiday in her with their new baby - so at least it looks as if she will be loved.
I shall make sure that they know who to contact if they ever want to sell her in the future. The good news is that she has been restored as a proper authentic Danbury, with new ply lockers etc. as the old ones had gradually turned back to woodpulp. So good to know she is still a Danbury too.
When I hear from the current owner that there is no hope, I will start the search again, for another Danbury, or possibly the similar Devon with the reversable seat backs.
We want to be able to seat 6 or so, for family picnic day trips, as well as just us going camping with dogs, and probably sometimes grandson too.

I'm pleased CCG has been found. :D

Fingers crossed you may get her back, but if not, there will be another one out there, just like there was for me.
I'm always sniffing out other Danburys for sale, and I'd be happy to assist you in you in your search for another (or a Devon with the reversable seat backs), if you so require. :D

Thanks Doug - have just seen a nice looking one on the Dubfinder and been exchanging info. with its seller. Have not heard from the owner of CCG, but maybe he hasn't got the e-mail forwarded to him by the Restorer yet. Not everyone reads their 'post' every day I suppose.
Wolfie said their are two S. Hancocks in Fareham on BT so I may 'phone tomorrow to see if either of them is Spencer! If it is no go with CCG we will go and look at the one on the Dubfinder.
Thanks to all who have been looking for CCG, I still find it amazing that she is still out there being cared for.
EB
Off to bed now

Is that the van for sale in Reading that you're interested in? I saw that one too and drooled :lol:
It's local to me as well, don't worry though I won't be buying it :lol:

There's also a Danbury on ebay at the moment, item 190218153545, not sure what to make of it. It has an L plate but an early bay rear which isn't 'right' IMHO, otherwise it's nice on the outside with new innards. It's in Devon though...

Hi Wolfie, yes thats the one in Reading - hopefully going to see it tomorrow or Weds. Just trying to contact owner to make a date and time.
Got in touch with the owners of CCG - they love her and she is nearly ready for the road so unlikely to sell at the moment, but maybe in a year or so. I am perfectly happy with that as they have obviously invested a lot of love and cash in restoring her and deserve to have her and enjoy her. We are going to exchange pics. and history etc.
Now I wonder where my old Morris Traveller is..........!!!!!!!!
EB

That is a lovely one on Dubfinder! :D

I'm just going to look at the details of the one on ebay now.

EB, I have a Morris Mini Traveller. Was yours a Morris Minor Traveller? Lovely cars! 8)

eileanbreagha said:
Hi Wolfie, yes thats the one in Reading - hopefully going to see it tomorrow or Weds. Just trying to contact owner to make a date and time.
Got in touch with the owners of CCG - they love her and she is nearly ready for the road so unlikely to sell at the moment, but maybe in a year or so. I am perfectly happy with that as they have obviously invested a lot of love and cash in restoring her and deserve to have her and enjoy her. We are going to exchange pics. and history etc.
Now I wonder where my old Morris Traveller is..........!!!!!!!!
EB

A year or two isn't long to wait really :)
It's great that Spencer is sharing history with you.

As for Morris Travellers, I had one too - well my husband did. It was older than me, the registration had FRT in it so we called it "Farty". It was a sweet car. I can still remember that lovely noise the engine made (I only say things like this about aircooled VW's and the Morris) :mrgreen:

wolfie_girl said:
Is that the van for sale in Reading that you're interested in?

There's also a Danbury on ebay at the moment, item 190218153545, not sure what to make of it. It has an L plate but an early bay rear which isn't 'right' IMHO, otherwise it's nice on the outside with new innards. It's in Devon though...

I've just looked at the ebay listing.

Strange like you say having an 'L' on that rear. You'd expect to see a few 'K's on that type of rear end, but definitely not and 'L'!
I'd also question whether it is actually a Danbury. I didn't check long enough to read whether it is mentioned in the description, but looking at the interior I can't see anything resembling a Danbury, and I don't see a badge on the back. My guess is it is a 'non' Danbury, but with a Danbury top put on at some stage. I could be wrong though. I've not been able to get the link to work for the other pictures. :)

Danbury Doug said:
Just re-read your post. Didn't notice you'd mentioned it had new innards, which would account for its 'non-Danburyness'. :D

On this occasion I am definately guilty of jumping to a conclusion - I saw the roof and decided it WAS a Danbury! :roll:

Do you suppose that the rear has just been replaced with that of an earlier bay, or that the van wasn't registered for a while after being imported? Interesting.

wolfie_girl said:
Danbury Doug said:
Just re-read your post. Didn't notice you'd mentioned it had new innards, which would account for its 'non-Danburyness'. :D

On this occasion I am definately guilty of jumping to a conclusion - I saw the roof and decided it WAS a Danbury! :roll:

Do you suppose that the rear has just been replaced with that of an earlier bay, or that the van wasn't registered for a while after being imported? Interesting.

It's possible, yes, but I think it has the earlier front arches too, so I'm guessing it wasn't registered for a while, like you say, or maybe the registration was changed for some reason, perhaps from a private plate and it ended up with the 'L' plate. :)

Glad you found yr bay eilean :mrgreen: was chatting to spencer today and he is chuffed to have some history on it too. You can rest assurred he loves the bay, that's why he is getting the work done at BusHaus :D

Sorry, if i had been more vigilant on this forum i would have seen this thread sooner and contacted you to let you know that i'm restoring your old bus for the current owners.

We had a breif chat on the phone just as i was trying to leave to go to big bang, it's good to hear from Spencer that you've been talking.

You never know... :)

Hie all Danbury-philes - if that isn't a word it is now.

Yes we bought the Reading Danbury - she is very sweet, quite a lady with replacement seatcovers in a soft bluey grey with quiet pink piping. The panels have be redone in a soft blue cord carpet. Original cooker, st.steel sink but with the original formica cover.
Got her back from Reading on Sat. when all the paperwork was completed, and went down to Swansea yesterday (Monday 12th) to FBICampers to get her valued independently for insurance. Very nice lad there liked her, so all well. Then we went on to the Gower Peninsula and found a lovely campsite right on the beach at Port Eynon - thoroughly recommend it, especially nice for kids. Family and couples site, no large groups of single sex allowed. Beautiful dry short grass fields, choose where you like to pitch, or if you want hookups they are nearer the loos. Friendly and helpful.
Van a bit sluggish on the hills, and occasionally a bit picky about whether to start on 2nd or 6th try, but then she's a lady and entitled to a flounce now and then.
Weather here in Wales stunning for the last week except for amazing storm last Friday night.
Have promised to let the owners of our 'new'van know if we have to sell her again, and Spencer has promised to let us know if he ever needs to sell our old CCG - so hopefully everyone happy.
Happy Danburying everyone
EB.

What a fantastic story from start to finish & I'm only adding to this as my wife owns a '70 Danbury, completely original spec, we restored TJ to its former glory and retained the original colour. It's covered 80k miles from new, one previous owner, original seat covers, sink & cooker has not been used, the grill pan is still in its packaging. They're fantastic conversions and ideal for seating all the kids!

Someone else recommended the Gower peninsular so may well have to check it out now having read your write up on it!

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan and all Danburyers - and others of course, so sad for you that you don't have Danburys :lol:

Now, how much do you want for your still wrapped grill pan, we don't have one...... only joking
We also need the slider rails for the sliding lockers - weren't the ball bearings a pain, and all the sand and dog hairs that clog the grooves - anyone know where we can get them? Probably could ask Bushaus now I come to think of it.
Also have to adapt a tent I made years ago into a side awning, shouldn't be hard, but will need to see what the modern equivalent of A frame poles are like. So a bit more tweaking to do yet.
Thanks to all who helped looking for CCG, now we have to find Wolfie Girl's HYY 874K
EB

Latest posts