Wheres the best place to get an early bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianvdubvanman

Reaction score
For a decent price up to 5000 pound? and in a decent condition with a full m,o,t? any one know the best places for this ???? :shock: :shock: :wink:

Try

http://www.kieftenklok.nl/uk/

Not sure about MOT though. I have only heard good things about them!

Hope this is of help

:lol: :lol:

Did you , yeh ive looked at there website looks good, did your bay come with an m,o,t? how much did they charge you extra on top of the price of the van????cheers for this... :D

cheers for this info people,,,, what did they charge for importing etc???just sold my 1973 bay , want to get an early bay next in good condition,, was you happy with the van y :roll: ou bought from them? was it solid?

no sadly it didnt come with an MOT, but what they did do is prepare the bus for a uk MOT and it sailed through. they do charge 4 this though i will find out what they charged me when i get home n let you know. also it only cost 150 quid to ship to hull. :D

get back 2 u later

i was more than happy with the van (who wouldnt be happy with an early bay?) but yeh solid as a rock. i had been looking all over the place 4 a bay until i found kieft en klok, my prayres had been answered!

you could always fly or sail over to kieft en klok and go have a look what they have got, and make a weekend of it. i was gonna do this they even offered to pick me up and drop me off from the docks. think i will do that next time.

or phone them up have a chat, they are more than helpful! get back 2 u later with the MOT preperation cost.

peace out

just had a look, maurice at kieft en klok charged me 500 quid to prepare it for the MOT. but that price varies i think for different buses, mine had been stood for 20 years so it needed all new brake lines and components, amongst other things. like i said earlier it sailed through the MOT.

ANYWAY i would definately recommend them to anyone!

nice one ,, sounds very good, thanks 4 all the info on this,, ill defintely be checking them out,, early bay next van defintely ,, thanks again,,

oh yeh have you checked out cool campers web site? thats pretty good i tell u , they seem reasonble and prices good, early bays on there 2, check it out man,,, :D

first time ive seen that website, im impressed! good look with the search n make sure you post some pics of your new bay when u get it.

peace 8)

KnK offered me a full mechanical overhall package that would , almost, guarantee an MOT pass, I think they said it would be about £1000.
They explained that US buses were often mechanically neglegected, and so rather than muck about they would strip and go through the lot, new brakes, regreased bearings, cv joints, full engine service etc etc. To do this they simply offer a flat price.
Me being a tight sod, and not entirely useless in a workshop, decided to take the bus at risk and take it 'as is'.

I replaced the front pads, bolted a horn on, rewired lights to UK spec, replaced one brake hose and I was straight through my mot, under a week from collection.

That said, it 'could' have been a shed. I was chuffed. ;)

Latest posts