Which items have been difficult to source?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issy

Reaction score
there are some items which are difficult to find without paying a small fortune... But which items have you / are you finding difficult to source nowadays?

Bear in mind that there may well be modern alternatives but these may actually be rubbish quality so ignore them? Also second hand californian panels may not be best choice either as the rust free is not always rust free! Argh!

items I have / am finding difficult to source:

Front effin panel .. or sections of.... for crossover
rear wheel arch panels
westfalia seats
Rhd sliding doors - non old rusty ones or non silly price ones
Rhd sliding door hingey thing.. Other than 2nd hand iffy ones
Tinwear.... The rear thingie one.. Why on earth is that not replicated by JK etc????

Definately without a shadow of a doubt EB NOS wheel arches, tried fitted new repro absolutely awful, sourced some in netherlands and had shipped over can't remember the price I paid but worth every penny superb fit you could fit them blindfolded they are that good..... :lol:

I'm sure I'll come across more as the resto moves on !!

68 rear view mirror (got a NOS one now :))
68 brake fluid reservoir (NOS or no cracks, still looking....)
68 sun visors (found at an auto jumble for a bargain price)
68 wiper arms
Engine tray in decent condition
The small bit that goes on the end of the lock barrel to operate the lock mechanism (68 part again!)
Any 68 only part :lol:

good steering box
good westy elec hook up socket and cover (early style)
door mirrors
rear engine tin - i used the weld on piece off someone (cant remember :oops: ) off here

67westy said:
68 rear view mirror (got a NOS one now :))
68 brake fluid reservoir (NOS or no cracks, still looking....)
68 sun visors (found at an auto jumble for a bargain price)
68 wiper arms
Engine tray in decent condition
The small bit that goes on the end of the lock barrel to operate the lock mechanism (68 part again!)
Any 68 only part :lol:
as above,steering box for rhd ,sliding door mech,panel van panel oposite sliding door rhd
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ to do rebuild thats the hardest part to find :msn4:

Latest posts