Which master cylinder to I need ??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockandrollcamper

Reaction score
Hi good people, I'm swapping my 68 running gear for late stuff.

Question is which mc do I need to run disks? I bought a non servo disk mc however to look at it its the same size as the old only The old that's has 3 outlets. 2 for front and 1 for rear.

I was expecting the new mc to have 3 outlets and to be visible bigger. Surely calipers require more displacement then drum cylinders??

Feel free to shoot me down if I'm completely missing the point.

Cheers

Nigel

The casting doesn't change, it's the internal bore / how many outlets are tapped that varies 8)
From memory though, the main difference between the drum and disc mc's is the residual pressure valves.
Either way, if you are putting later discs on the front, then yes the late non-servo mc should be fine.

I'm changing my servo mc out for a non servo mc. but the fluid reservoir holes in the top of my new mc are 100mm apart. is that the same as yours? and if so where can i find a reservoir bottle with the outlet pipes spaced at 100mm apart. cheers good luck

Cheers for that , so am I right in thinking th front breaks are ran on a t piece the same as the back? Also, maybe a daft question but why does the mc have 2 switches? 1 for brake light but what about the other.

Not sure about the reservoir mate sorry

Latest posts