Which panels do I need from the GSF catalogue (help!)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tofufi

Reaction score
Can anyone here help decipher the GSF catalogue?

I need a whole new front panel, including the lower section where the front bumper sits (front valence?)

I also need the inner section where the front panel meets the chassis rails and wheelarches.

I *think* this is GSF part numbers...

84534 (front panel half '68-'71) - £32.00 (seems cheap for a front panel?)

84536 (front panel lower '68-'79) - £19.95

84537 (front panel inner '68-'71) - £28.00

All prices are without VAT.

Can anyone confirm these are the panels I want? Sorry to be stupid but I really have problems telling exactly what is what in the catalogue

:roll:

I have tried emailing them for pictures / details of the parts but no reply yet.

not got a catalouge handy but watch there prices, the advertised ones are always well out. last front panel i bought there was around £60 trade!

This is no longer available, you have to get a late one and make block offs for the high indicator holes and the trim the bottom lip off to join it to the lower panel. Do remember to cut the indicator holes out of the old panel and weld them onto the back of the new lower half panel. I had to do all of this.

Thanks - I kind of suspected it wouldn't be easy :)

So is the late front panel I need 84535 then?

Presumably this attaches to the lower panel, which also needs adapting (to remove the "lip" join between them to start with...

Tofufi said:
Thanks - I kind of suspected it wouldn't be easy :)

So is the late front panel I need 84535 then?

Presumably this attaches to the lower panel, which also needs adapting (to remove the "lip" join between them to start with...

I cut the lip off the top half and used a joggler to create a recessed lip on it and welded the bottom half to that.

DSCF0390.jpg

DSCF0395.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

The indicator block offs are home made, I trimmed and welded the a pillars first, then a row of spots along the edge of the screen, then around the air box and the joined the two half just above the indicators.

I am in the process of doing the same thing.

This may help:

Closing panels for the front indicators.

Just Kampers Part no. J11224 £19.99

VW Heritage Part no. 211-805-036 £16.95

Alan Scofield do a complete made up front for £205

If your handy with the welder like 'speedwell68' then, well you do the maths!

Regards

Ratty 8)

Cheers guys :D

speedwell68 said:

This is no longer available, you have to get a late one and make block offs for the high indicator holes and the trim the bottom lip off to join it to the lower panel. Do remember to cut the indicator holes out of the old panel and weld them onto the back of the new lower half panel. I had to do all of this.

GSF do still have this one in stock. Or at least the Bristol branch has one, I saw it with my own eyes! But it's only the lower section up to the headlights, I'd rather buy the lowest bit only and weld it all together. My welding is hopefully up to the job :)

Thanks for the advice all ;)

Latest posts