Which window rubber to use....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skint_golfer

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Its coming time to order new window rubbers for my van. It's a 68' westy.

The question is should I order the correct, early expensive rubbers or the much cheaper late bay rubbers?

I'm changing all the rubbers so there won't be miss matched profiles but I was concerned there may be a noticeable visual difference between the two styles.

Opinions please folks...

Thanks

i didn't realise early and late rubbers were different? the body is the same, you either have a panel conversion set or a microbus set, for a westy you'll need the later, the best quality are usually a bit dearer, i got mine from custom and commercial rather than a cheap bundle set, one thing that some people do though is if your front clip is a bit rough the brazillian seal is a bit bigger on the flange and covers a bit of a dodgy area - that said sometimes if the screen is removed you'll find a horror story and have to weld.

The advert had early and late rubbers listed and described the late ones as having a larger profile. Thought it might also help hide the "tide mark" round the windows of another quality USA paint job.... That's assuming I've not accidentally bought an original paint van...

Latest posts