whish exhaust for my bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
theres just loads to choose from,is there any real powergain from them?or are they all the same?
i was hoping for a quite one (twin quite pack mabee)
any one got pics of whats on yours

the engine is a twinport 1641 with twin 34icts webers,so what will go well with this setup :?:

any input apeceated :D

strongy said:
theres just loads to choose from,is there any real powergain from them?or are they all the same?
i was hoping for a quite one (twin quite pack mabee)
any one got pics of whats on yours

the engine is a twinport 1641 with twin 34icts webers,so what will go well with this setup :?:

any input apeceated :D

DITTO, 1641 with twin 34s

ive got a single quiet pack on, looking for a new one for mine

maybe a stainless fat boy type

any exhaust pics for us both guys

I've got a stainless single quietpack and 4 into 1 stainless manifold from Just Kampers. Engine is a standard 1600 single port apart from a full Pertronix ignition system and NGK plugs. All item were fitted at the same time so it's hard to say which parts have made the most improvements to the performance. That said it does sound nice and still looks good nearly three years on. :D

I just got one of the standard old school stainless exhausts from JK and it does the job for me! :wink:

But if I had the cash spare at the moment. I would head straight to Turbo Thomas :wink:

Just don't try & fit a mearged race header, you will have to make a new support bar.

A good quality stainless 4 into 1 header is the way to go.

Like Scampi, I have a JK stainless one, but will change to a custom stainless one at some point to squeeze an extra coupl of BHP out of the old girl! :D

Turbo Thomas is the man, but there is a load of good stainless welders out there. I am gonna go to Interpro nr Bristol as the guy there rocks with exhausts! 8) :D

On Easy's advice i went for the JK one too. No problem with it at all and much better than the Mondo that was on it when i bought it (mostly due to not hitting everything in the road :lol: ).

My engine is fairly stock so will sit with the JK one for now as a TT one would not really make the earth move on my bus :roll:

Kev

easy as pie :D comes with everything you need if you get the bundle pack. Takes about 1 hour which includes a cup of tea! 8) :D

cool....something for the christmas / birthday / christmas / birthday list then

the way to go with a JK exhaust ran the full stainless one for years without a hicup.

Ive just got a stinger for special occasions :wink:

Birthday parties!!! my ears are still a bit deaf from the sound of it :shock:

i was thinking something that sits just under the rear bumper or even something out of site.you guys got any pics.

Bluebird stainless QP with 4 into 1 header, lowered 71...

van4site3.jpg

JK total stainless system.............

Poppy-NewBack.jpg

and still in great nick after 2 years of being fitted 8)

PhonePic002.jpg

pete nice said:
Just don't try & fit a mearged race header, you will have to make a new support bar.

A good quality stainless 4 into 1 header is the way to go.

It's all good fun :D

thanxs for the pics there both looking nice and snug under the bumper.i just dont like these hideous things stuck out at an agle ,that look like theve been made to fit an rs nova :lol:

Yea, & what a bastard that was to fit! No heating & a custom brace bar thrown in for good measure. Best part of half a day & a lot of head scratching to get that on. Then I had to extend the back box too!

DSCN1504.jpg

DSCN1498.jpg

The JK stainless should last for ever really...

Latest posts