who on here......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirateringo

Reaction score
Is precious about there bus? I.e are you worried if your kids bump into it or scratch it? Do you only use it a few tines a year etc. How many people run a bus as there daily? I personally only want a bus that is useable and I don't care too much about, I love seeing showroom buses but I wouldn't wanT to own one. Which one are you? :)

Mines a bit to shiny to b honest !
Sometimes wish I had a battered old bus that I didn't worry about the kids playing in , jumping on the seats etc

Not me.
Ok its just a crewcab,but it gets used and abused as it should,gets a rest over the winter as its cold and rusty enough already!

Made the mistake getting an xr2 'minted' years ago and was scared to use it or leave it anywhere.

When the van gets a knock it blends in with the rest! :)

Mine is used as nature intended....washing machine in it one day...full of cuttings from the garden the next...then full of sand and wet people and pets etc.....then engine parts....basically whatever is required of it! Parked on the street and out and used in all weathers
:D

Our Westy is not called Güttersnipe for nothing.......
Its a daily and our only vehicle parked on the kerbside every night.
Love it to bits with its original paint and interior
I'm not too precious about the bodywork - every ding tells a story
As the interior is unmolested I'm a bit more "feet off the seats" but it still
gets loaded with crap.

I love driving it like it was meant to be driven back in the day!
If it could speak I'm sure it would be happy! :lol:

I'm glad there's a few more like me out there, I love a mint looking bus but don't have the time for the upkeep plus my dogs and kids are monsters :)

My Bus gets used most days , whatever the weather. Its an original paint / original dent Bus :lol:
Ive used it to carry just about everything from fridge freezers, washing machines , mud that i removed from the garden when digging a base for the summer house [so much that the bus looked like it was slammed...a lot cheaper than a lowering kit :lol: ] and sometimes it even carries people !!
I don't see the point of having a Bus you are afraid to use. I love a Bus with nice paint etc but id still have to use it whatever the weather.

Mines my daily too. Street parked. Driven in all weathers. Though my theory is try and make it better each year, so it doesn't rot away.
My nearly two year old son has managed to pick a five inch hole in the OG westy floor whilst camping this summer. :roll: You can't be too precious if your going to use it as a family fun bus. :D

Hi, Mines a bit roughed up bumps here and there! I love to see my boys climbing in and out sand on feet an all. I bought it to use so I like the used look, but if the show thing is your thing then thats great .I admire the folk who have the patience and dedication to work on and keep their buses to that standard.

Mines only used for camping and day tripping, but I want it to be nice so want to get the dents and that sorted but I don't want a show bus as I want to use it. Also not a purest believe in your bus your way, got a white Westy at the mo he's going to be red bottom white top when I am finished

Ours has good paint and a nice interior but precious wouldn't describe how I feel about her. We drive through fields, transport stuff in the back, take her shopping and generally use her as a van. We designed her to be used and although the inside is 'pretty' it's all wipe down surfaces. Saying that I'd hate it if someone dented or scratched her but I'd hate it if someone did that to my everyday car.

In the end I don't think dents add character - memories do. If I get a dent, I'll get it fixed. Same as you would for a normal car.

I'm skint so mine's staying rough and ready plus it's our only vehicle, just about to get on the road after having no vehicle for 3 yrs. If I can stop it rusting any more I'll be happy. Would love to restore it but then I would be too scared to use it.

Mines a used bus and though not original paint, it shows a body and interior that's full of character*

* dents, US respray and lots of dings

That said, I look after it to the best of my ability, so I guess I'm in both camps?

I'm kinda happy my bus is scabby and dented as it gets used for any thing I need with no worries, even when it's all welded up it won't be too pretty as I'm precious enough about our daily getting dented and marked without that too :)

I re sprayed our bus earlier this year but I'm not too precious with it as I did it myself with rustoleum and I've already had to touch up the paint but just used a fine brush :D load it up with stuff for the tip or days out just happy it looks a bit better than it did and enjoy using it without worrying where I park it.

Mines just a toy but when I bought it I had to basically promise the wife I wouldnt be too prescious about it. Its for the whole family to use and we do (well we did last year, this year its been in the garage without an engine)

its not used daily but when it was running was used at every given opportunity come rain of shine. I drove it a lot last winter during the snow.

I've fitted a brand new interior and it is about to go into midlandpainwerks for a full restore but it will still get used as it was deisgned for.

As someone else said I have my daily driver which I am prescious about so I am not adding my bus to that.

J.

look after the body like a nerd really , well as theres no paint it takes a bit of effort , but drive it one inch of the ground like i stole it. bus always full of shite and has moved us twice so far two into our house.
so like most on here look after it but use it as often as poss, have to admit doesnt go out in the rain unless caught out and never after they salt the roads.

at the moment the bus got three bikes and a chainsaw in it :msn4:

jth

I would like one with a bit of patina and no rust but the other half she's a bit posh and likes shiny, sparkling, expensive things :?

shiplee123 said:
Mines a bit to shiny to b honest !
Sometimes wish I had a battered old bus that I didn't worry about the kids playing in , jumping on the seats etc
Me too 8) to be fair I'm like that with our car,my work van and bike

When I got my previous bus it was solid but ratty and I was happy to use it like that. I then decided to get it resprayed and that spoilt the use of it for me. I became paranoid that it was going to get scratched so actually I used it less :(

My new bus is solid but ratty and thats how its going to stay :D

Latest posts