Who pulls a caravan or a teardrop behind there early ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about getting a small caravan or teardrop to tow behind my westy.

Since we now have 3 young boys , space is limited and an extra room in the evening when the boys are in bed would b handy.

Also handy during meal times or during rain

I'm thinking a eriba puck or a small vintage caravan would b good ( although I'm not made of money n spent loads on the westy now )

I'll post some pics of what I've seen

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

My westy

This has been a discussion at ours of late, would love a puck 8) being sort after I reckon that you wouldn't be able to get one much cheaper than that at all James
We've also been looking at camplet trailers and kips too :mrgreen:

There is a guy starting to make teardrop caravans, you buy the rolling frame and clad and finish it yourself. I will soon be pulling a puck with my bay though.

Here's a couple of mine, how peeps manage in a Puck I'll never know, far too much of a compromise for a bigun & not much fun to tow with a stock setup, be prepared to use that 2nd gear a lot more than I have to, & watch those cross winds.

Same thoughts in my house hold. Was hoping to get away with just towing a trailer with a lot of extra crap as the text we use is massive and has enough space. But I am off to the camping show at the NEC next month to get some ideas and the wife and kids are coming along to give their opinion so who knows what I will end up with.

I have discounted the pucks tho as they seem quite pricey for what they are.

J.

Don't think I wonna look for a trailer tent
If I'm gonna do this I may as well have it all set up so I don't have to put anything up when we reach our destination !

I'd like a puck but just to expensive

My westy prob owes me 15k , don't wonna send to much more

I'll carry on my hunt for a vintage caravan I guess?

Thanks for your thoughts guys ;)

shiplee123 said:
Don't think I wonna look for a trailer tent
If I'm gonna do this I may as well have it all set up so I don't have to put anything up when we reach our destination !

I'd like a puck but just to expensive

My westy prob owes me 15k , don't wonna send to much more

I'll carry on my hunt for a vintage caravan I guess?

Thanks for your thoughts guys ;)

Know where you're coming from James, a puck/caravan doesn't need erecting, but the space is limited that's why I'm thinking camplet they literally need 5 min to erect, plenty of room and storage at home is great, tip on its side :D

We pull a Puck behind our Crossover. Just use it for meals inside when weather poor and for our 10 year old with the dog at night.

The Pucks are certainly more expensive than the other options but I believe will hold or improve their value more than anything else.

Saw a family at Dubs In The Forest this weekend with one of these

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/apollo-apollolux-trailertents.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which he bought for his Split after finding it struggled with a caravan. Looked a nice bit of kit and can't beat it if it's max space per pound your are after

Saw a family at Dubs In The Forest this weekend with one of these

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/apollo-apollolux-trailertents.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which he bought for his Split after finding it struggled with a caravan. Looked a nice bit of kit and can't beat it if it's max space per pound your are after[/quote]

OMG The bloody Splitty brigade have caught on to them :shock:
Thought it was just Gaz & myself using them, perhaps its time to change after 9 seasons, maybe a Combie Camp there only 10k for a top of the ranger. :shock: ;)

I tow a puck

se4yda9e.jpg

terrier man said:
OMG The bloody Splitty brigade have caught on to them :shock:
Thought it was just Gaz & myself using them,)

Hope not Brett :-( means the prices won't drop and at worse rise because of the popularity if they make them next years must have accessory lol ..... just as I thought I'd found something ideal for our lot lol

Latest posts