Who pulls a caravan or a teardrop behind there early ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope not Brett :-( means the prices won't drop and at worse rise because of the popularity if they make them next years must have accessory lol ..... just as I thought I'd found something ideal for our lot lol[/quote]

There in limited supply really Shaun although a very old design late 60'S they stopped importing to the UK in 1991 due to no UK agent, until Camperlands in 2006 when I purchased mine, cost a bloody fortune I thought then, the next year they started to have the Gas assist strut which in turn pushed the price up by nearly a Grand. :shock:
What's good about them for me is the beds, very comfy & big, you could spent the entire summer in one without going stir crazy. :lol:

terrier man said:
There in limited supply really Shaun although a very old design late 60'S they stopped importing to the UK in 1991 due to no UK agent, until Camperlands in 2006 when I purchased mine, cost a bloody fortune I thought then, the next year they started to have the Gas assist strut which in turn pushed the price up by nearly a Grand. :shock:
What's good about them for me is the beds, very comfy & big, you could spent the entire summer in one without going stir crazy. :lol:

That's what I thought, there's only 5/6 on eBay at the mo, hopefully a few more come on over winter
, the beds do look comfy, the way it can be erected in minutes is the seller for me , send the kids and mrs to fill the water tub up and I'll get the trailer sorted 8)

terrier man said:
Saw a family at Dubs In The Forest this weekend with one of these

http://www.camperlands.co.uk/apollo-apollolux-trailertents.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which he bought for his Split after finding it struggled with a caravan. Looked a nice bit of kit and can't beat it if it's max space per pound your are after

OMG The bloody Splitty brigade have caught on to them :shock:
Thought it was just Gaz & myself using them, perhaps its time to change after 9 seasons, maybe a Combie Camp there only 10k for a top of the ranger. :shock: ;)[/quote]

Funny that Brett, i've just been looking at Combicamp's. :lol: This one didn't hit the reserve.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CombiCamp-Panda-1997-Trailor-Tent-/301324287327?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=oLawLi7iJWYl%252Feq74e6RdZW7AXM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prob too big for us anyway storage wise as they don't go on their sides.

Vic would like to trade our old Camplet in, but i cant justify it yet. I re-waterproofed it after the datc downpour and apart from a bent pole and me losing its inner tents (which we never used anyway), it does its job brilliantly. Testament to good design i suppose 30 years on.

Gaz. :D

I told Justin about that one Gaz :lol:
You also want to look at the Comanche Montana, it's a Spanish copy of the bigger Combie Camps but without the big heavy Kitchen unit that can fall off the back. :shock:
I'll stick with the Camp-let as there's no frame building to the awning as it's all intergrated. :mrgreen:

Another vote for a Rapido.

We bought an Exportmatic a couple of years ago and it's awesome. Capacity to sleep 6, proper hard walls and beds and folds up smaller (narrower and lower) than the bus so it does't act as a parachute. Stock-ish (twin carbs and exhaust) motor pulls it without any problems and will sit at 60mph on the motorway and still pass the dipstick test...

Sensible money as well.

Jim

been looking for a rapido aswell but still have some doubt as to the ease of setting up. Can those with experience give some feedback on this ? Sure on some youtube videos it looks nice and easy but is it really ?

We are the kind of keeping on the move campers and generally dont stay longer than 2 nights in the same spot. Would it be easy to do this with a rapido ? Setup before dinner and after breakfast close it down ? Also the aluminium, doesnt it get really old/hot easily ? I really like the size of them closed down and love the idea of having "hard" walls.

The other option would be a Connway Cruiser although they are a bit bigger and hard to find here. Anyone tried one of these ?

We've got the Export which is the largest of the lot, as we've got three kids. As the roof panels are larger and heavier than the Confort, I can't quite put it up on my own but I can put the whole thing down alone.

It's dead easy and quick, once you've done it a couple of times. Basically, getting the trailer and the two support legs level is crucial and rarely takes more than 10 mins. Then, it takes two of us around 5 mins and the main caravan is up and water-tight. 10 more mins and all the cupboards and the kitchen are up and in place. 5 more mins to get the gas and water containers out of the front box and job's a carrot. So around 30 mins on decent flat ground, a bit longer if it's rough and/or sloping. And about the same to break it down.

What is a real pain on ours is the awning. Depending on the weather, this can take 30-60 mins or more, if like at Action this year, the canvas blows away and your missus is left holding a bit of pole and nothing more...

We use the van and awning for two nighters - Action, Big Bang, etc. If you didn't want to put the full awning up, you could use the van on its own or put up a sun canopy, which would be quicker but you'd have to modify the awning rail or canopy (staggered roof panels).

I leave ours up over the winter as I've always got something to do on it (like the bus) so if you want to come and have a look, just DM me.

Jim

I drag a small teardrop trailer behind me which I built last winter, has a small galley and storage for all my junk. Certainly has freed up space in my van and makes life so much easier for me. My main aim was to make sure it was as light as I could make it, dragged it over the Pyrenees' this summer all worked fine.

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/gerrard_750/20140620_140615915_iOS_zps61300bfc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/gerrard_750/20140620_140607214_iOS_zps667120bb.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/gerrard_750/DSCF00152_zpsbf24292f.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/gerrard_750/DSCF00242_zpsae938745.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually, that's a good point. The one main drawback with the Rapido is that once you've put it down, while you can store a fair bit of stuff in cupboards and under seats, etc, actually, there isn't a huge amount of storage room. So we always end up with bedding, clothes, coolbox and toys in the bus with us. Which is fine if we're just hopping over to Santa Pod but would be a pain if we were heading to the south of France.

This one must be worth a punt for someone handy who's local to Cornwall?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-vintage-RAPIDO-pop-top-caravan-FOR-CHASSIS-SPARES-or-REPAIR-/181535198627?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item2a44574da3#ht_386wt_1063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts