why is your name...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daz is short for Darren and when trying to sign up for VZi a few years ago, i got fustrated all the names were taken that i tried, then... i put in 'dubberdaz' without thinking about it really and that was that!

I don't think mine will need too much explanation...... :lol:

Doug is my name, Danbury is my favourite veedub conversion (since my parents bought their Danbury new in 1972).
I've had 12 years (on and off) of late bay, non-Danbury ownership... up until last week, when I fulfilled two wishes..... early bay ownership for the first time, and at last I have my Danbury. Yay! 8)

Danbury Doug said:
I don't think mine will need too much explanation...... :lol:

Doug is my name, Danbury is my favourite veedub conversion (since my parents bought their Danbury new in 1972).
I've had 12 years (on and off) of late bay, non-Danbury ownership... up until last week, when I fulfilled two wishes..... early bay ownership for the first time, and at last I have my Danbury. Yay! 8)

nice! :wink:

well i would like to make it sound exciting but as you may have guessed its what i do for a living

bit boring, I'm not internet user (only got boardband three months ago and wireless three weeks ago)ian being my first name and when I first had to register on line I hand a subaru (scooby) hence the name, subaru gone :cry: :cry: (40K a year and 22 to a gal doesn't work) but decided to keep the name that I started with

I have no idea why but for a time people at work and my girlfriends brother simultaneously started calling me giraffe (pronounced Geeraff as my name is Gareth).
The first time I opened an email account obviously Gareth was taken and after trying various combinations and getting a bit frustrated with getting told user name taken I just banged in giraffeinbath without really thinking about it and unsurprisingly no-one had used that already.
Since then I've used it in all the forums.

So giraffe is me although nobody really calls me that any more, I have no fixations about giraffes and it's not because I have a neck of lamp post proportions, Bath is where I live and work.

There yer go.

:D

When i got my email about 7 years ago i had a 400cc motorbike which was in the style of a streetfighter. So as i am a lot shorter than my big bro and had a small engined bike "halfpint fighter" was born.
It's been used for every forum since and i'm not into marshal arts or boxing!

Signing up on VZi a few years back after buying an oval I chose the user name JustinOval,
the oval(s) are now gone so the name needed to change - for some reason signing up here
I dropped the 'Justin' bit... :roll: :lol:

I'm not keen on people calling me Oliver or Ollie, unless you're my mum. :lol:

Hohoho :D Actually the 'Tweety bird' is called 'Tipi' in finnish. But I hope my real name Timo Pietarinen has had bigger influence than my looks...

my Bay is red and i get a nose bleed after climbing up to the drivers seat due to the original suspension. so not very imaginative there :roll:

but i will be cutting grass soooooon :lol:

Mine was a nickname I got from my uncle when I was about 5.
He never really told me why but it carried on all through school. Then it died off a bit until I started going on internet forums & i needed to be called summat so I dredged it back up.

I'll bump this as I stumbled over it while searchin for something else.

I've been Hebster or Hebster52 on most forums since -96 when I signed up on the first (VW) forum ever for me.

Hebmuller Roadster -52 should explain where my username comes from. I started the Heb replica back in -96 so that's me now. ;)

Latest posts