Window lift channel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I ive been trying to get a new lift channel and rubber fitted to the van drivers window. In principle it’s a simple task in reality it’s Uber frustrating. Any tips please.

Takes 2 lots of hands TBH, stretch the rubber as far as possible and slide the channel over. still might need a tap with a soft hammer to make it go down fully, bit of lube will help soapy water might be best. I have done a fair few over the years and its always worked for me , hard bit is stretching the rubber enough.

I think I may have messed about too much with the lifter now. Opened it closed it possibly mullered. I will give it another go at the weekend. I changed My other one a few years ago and had no problems

I think I may have messed about too much with the lifter now. Opened it closed it possibly mullered. I will give it another go at the weekend. I changed My other one a few years ago and had no problems
If you think you’re at last chance saloon with this window lifter . Would it be possible to get some glue down in there such as Gorilla glue, the type that expands a bit to fill the gaps and that’ll possibly hold it all together while you give it its last tap.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I use it on loads of stuff.

If you think you’re at last chance saloon with this window lifter . Would it be possible to get some glue down in there such as Gorilla glue, the type that expands a bit to fill the gaps and that’ll possibly hold it all together while you give it its last tap.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I use it on loads of stuff.
A good thought. I may need to

so I ive been trying to get a new lift channel and rubber fitted to the van drivers window. In principle it’s a simple task in reality it’s Uber frustrating. Any tips please.

This was my solution, mine were soo tight. These Sash clamps sorted it. Slowly slowly
1000008496.jpg1000008497.jpg

Swap the complete window with a original channel still firmly on
I have these available if needed
Gary Coolcampers

Latest posts