Window regulator

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisavx

Reaction score
We removed the window regulator to take out the drivers window and are now having mucho mucho trouble getting it back in! Does it fit in front of the quarterlight? We've tried brute force and ignorance but it just won't sit right? Help!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is it the reg or window your having trouble refitting?.The reg fit in to the lip under the window lower edge of the window frame. The drop glass goes in first before any thing else.

Mr Bean said:
You need to remove the quarter light to get the winder in
No you don't - ask me how I know!
Details here: http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/window-problem.28773/
Consider this for a moment - do you think for one minute that VW's own service/dealership network, back in the day, would have stood for the 1/4 light coming out with the associated faff. No!.
Whilst we're on this I have an original German NOS one available for the right/off side.
£50, cash, collection only Bristol. Yes, twice the cost of a repro but you'll only need to fit once!

Thanks we've fixed it now. Took the quarterlight out. As you said, not a hard job anyway, just couldn't get our heads round where it sat in relation to the quarterlight. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts