windscreen washer bottle

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craggy

Reaction score
i have just opened (for the first time) my washer bottle resevoir. there was kind of a release of pressure and i can't get the washers to work now.

not owned the van that long and the last owner said something about 'pumping' it to make it work.

i know i should have paid more attention, and this is a really dumb question, but how do i get it to work again??

cheers

craggy

You have to pump up pressure in the bottle to 40 or 42psi with a foot pump. Should be a little valve on a tube attached to the bottle.

i ditched the pump up business and fitted a 12v pump to the bottle as i couldnt find a pump with a wide enough appature.

Another dumb question to add to the list...

You (Araon & Ego) suggest getting out the foot pump, I presume there is no difference to popping down to the garage for the same thing - other than to suggest I am lazy!?

They should be a standard valve 8)

i dont unfortunately :? , the bottle does look standard though. i bought a 12v pump from maplin and wired it to a dash button.

Latest posts