winter job no.1

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bus72

Reaction score
well that time of year again for me van going under cover in the next few weeks, first job to do is fit the 72 plate cooler. if any one has fitted one to bus then share your info please. several options of where to fit cooler, lets see who's done what ;) please..

No photos but

The best place to put them is under the van in clear air

if you run belly pans my advice would be to loose the left hand one and fit the cooler between the inner sill and the chassis rail, this keeps it in clear air but also out of harms way.

alex4057 said:
No photos but

The best place to put them is under the van in clear air

if you run belly pans my advice would be to loose the left hand one and fit the cooler between the inner sill and the chassis rail, this keeps it in clear air but also out of harms way.
i had a look tonight there isn't that many places you can put a 72 plate messa cooler because of its size
ive seen them fitted where you said, also above the gearbox. making up quality oil lines is expensive so the shorter the run the better.

issy said:
i would reply here except I haven't got a clue what you mean by a cooler and have posted this here by mistake ;)
thank you for your interest you may help to start the ball rolling with this post ;)

Aaah.. Are you talking about the big bubble things you put your van in and then you blow air in to circulate? They cost heeeaps?

What else are you doing to store your van? Do you take wheels off or something? Used to have two vans for about five years so one stayed in position sometimes for weeks.. If I left handbrake off then that helped except calipers would stick still... Always had a job moving. In fact my daily driver refused to budge off both rear wheels this morning after one night of rain... Always when it's wet..

issy said:
Ok educate me.. Been driving my 72 for years but what the hell is a cooler when it is at home??
cooler an oil cooler a device used to cool engine oil

issy said:
Aaah.. Are you talking about the big bubble things you put your van in and then you blow air in to circulate? They cost heeeaps?

What else are you doing to store your van? Do you take wheels off or something? Used to have two vans for about five years so one stayed in position sometimes for weeks.. If I left handbrake off then that helped except calipers would stick still... Always had a job moving. In fact my daily driver refused to budge off both rear wheels this morning after one night of rain... Always when it's wet..
i remove wheels place bus on axle stands. i use a breathable cover you can get them from people like just kampers

:lol: did you actully read my post regarding the fitting of an oil cooler to my bus?
issy said:

Don' think I have one of those on my van??? Piccies?

issy said:

Don' think I have one of those on my van??? Piccies?

I hope you do otherwise you'd be in big trouble. They are already standard on whichever air cooled engine you have, but some people that run bigger engine then attach an external oil cooler, which looks similar to a radiator on a water pumper.

Latest posts