Wiring loom recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie34

Reaction score
Evening all.

Who are you using for all your wiring looms. I’m finally biting the bullet and going get a fresh one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.vwlooms.com/
I bought one from here last year. And with no idea what I was doing managed to fit it and get everything working properly. They are very well made and any problems I had were answered quickly by email. They even offered to wire the dash pod for me and send it back. Would higy recommend

Design, build and install your own if you like to bring a bit of spice into your life..... Took me ages though but now I have sensible fuses in sensible places, relays to take the load out of 50 year old switches, 12volts at my headlamps, cut-out circuits, plumbed in electrics for a trailer etc etc. The new looms you can buy only replicate the limitations of the original design (for a 1960s van).

If making your own isn't something you want to do then I'd suggest exploring options with a auto electrician that knows what he/she is doing. A new loom with adaptions might be a solution

What Mike202 said...
Iain at aircooled autoelectrics, supply or fit he's the guy you want, travels to you if you need and spends time working out properly what you want.

Got mine from Raynes Automotive from what I remember it was responsible as well and had uprated headlight relays and extra cables run in the loom for guages and the likes.All fitted within a day and all the cables were correct to mAtch the original wiring loom.

Thanks all. I’ve ordered from Aircooled auto elec. adding some extra bits a pieces too.

I’ve got absolutely no patience for building my own I’m afraid. It’d be months of hell for the neighbours having to listen to my swearing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gingermonkey321 said:
What Mike202 said...
Iain at aircooled autoelectrics, supply or fit he's the guy you want, travels to you if you need and spends time working out properly what you want.

Yep - Iain fitted a new loom for me aswell.
Top job!

Latest posts