Wiring Run?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davechorlton

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to run some cables from engine bay to cab, for my rev counter, and to future proof for other guages, and also thinking of speaker wires to under bed. I also have a large wire running to my starter motor that I want to relocate for now, before looking at why its there later. I would also like LB feed to the front fuse box (have a secondary under bed). Currently wires run across the floor through the walk-thru.

What would everyone suggest for a neat route , preferably under the van as much as possible :?: I have centre belly pan fitted, but no sides.

Thanks,
Dave

I ran some plastic conduit front to back, fixed in the chassis crossmembers then ran a heavy multicore cable through that, terminating it in the engine bay and next to the fuse box in the front with a multiway blade connector. Now all I have to do is pick off the same pins front and back for any new connections I might need. As for speaker wires to the back, I ran mine from the amp which is in the walkthrough, round the right hand side behind all the cabinets to the subs under the rear seat and up the rear corner to the mids in the over head locker. My LB feed to my fuse box also runs through the conduit I fitted under the van, comes up next to the front fuse box and then runs under the cab carpet to the LB fuse box in the walkthrough.

That help?

Thanks, what did you mean by fixed to the crossmembers? Is it driled through the outriggers?

No, not the outriggers, mine hasn't got belly pans and I used the holes already present in the centre cross sections, between the outriggers.

Ah, ok thanks. I still have centre belly pan on at the moment, so may need to go back through the floor and then back out again or something similar..

You could still do the same outside of the centre section, strap some conduit to the bottom of the main chassis rail maybe? You only need to feed a multicore cable up through the floor pan at the front where the main loom goes through and then string the cable in to the engine bay along the same route as the rest of the cables. No need to drill holes in your floor pan.

Latest posts