Wooden headliner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGC

Reaction score
Need to get a new headlining in my newley aquired 1969 bus...Was thinking of fitting a wooden one. Does anyone have any tips on how to fit one or pics of one fitted.. Cheers

I've had these problems on a westy, having spoken to a joinery yesterday you need to purchase 2mm air craft plywood, not to bad on a westy as you only need 3 sheets of 5x5 not sure what you will do on a tin top though

Sorry to hijack, but my slider wood panel needs replacing as its cracking, what do you guys use? '70 Westy btw

CB

I've just replaced my headliner in my '71 tintop. I used 2mm birch ply, and needed three 5'x5' sheets to do it.

used 3mm birch ply for the side panels.

check out the 'Beeglebus' thread in the gallery section......

carole

Carole, the thread to your resto on gallary is just what I wanted. Dont suppose that you still have the dimensions from your old headlining that you could post on here do you ????
Thanks in advance!!

Hi AGC,

I think I've still got the old headlining in the garage, so I'll have a look at the weekend for you. The front and rear sections are both tapered, and I literally placed the originals on the new ply before cutting them out.

Leave it with me..... :wink:

Carole

i would love the measurements too

i had what looked like a BARDGE fitted headlining, as my roof has gone from poptop to tintop i need to put a new headlining up

very interesting thread and i will be reading it

Latest posts