Woooohoooo!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
Been offered a job in the lakes near ulswater!

Good for me as it means I can get shit loads of climbing in too!

It is also in a really good establishment. 8) :lol:

Thats well played mate.

I prsume that earlybays get discounted meals? :lol:

Now thats magic! :wink:

Nice work dude! 8)

Congrats buddy.

Good to see another climber on here too. :D

jabbo said:
Congrats buddy.

Good to see another climber on here too. :D

Cheers dudes.

Jabbo, what sort of climbing do you do?

Mainly into bouldering myself as it's easier if i'm on my own. Love getting on the ropes when I get chance though and doing some multi pitch 8) :lol:

Well done Scampi, hope it ends up being what you want :D

(I do climbing as well - but just my stairs to bed :p )

R's

I'm an out and out boulderer too, proper rope climbing just doesn't do it for me. Probably cos I'm an anti-social ba$tard so don't like being around other people! :lol:

Seriously though I find bouldering a lot more graceful and skillful if you do it properly. It's also way harder in my opinion.

I like the whole bouldering scene and the fact that you can pretty much climb anywhere there are rocks as well. It is a lot more graceful and skillful.

And plus the fact that i'm not always knackered halfway up!

There's not much better than going somewhere in my van with some mates and some scrumpy for a few days.

Fontainbleu next summer. Yes!!! 8) :lol:

Bouldering!!

It's a form of rock climbing (on boulders) which tend to be not so high as when you are doing rope work. Hence, there is no need for ropes. All you need is you boots, your chalk and bag and your bouldering mat and your away.

It's such good fun and great exercise. You should go doen to your local indoor wall and give it a go mate.

Anyway, I have till the end of the week to decide on the job as I wanted to move down South to Cornwall/Devon area and have applied to a few places so all is good. :lol: 8)

Scampi said:

Yosemite. OOohhhhhh! Nice 8) :lol:[/quote]

Indeed. I've not done much over the last year but I'm hoping to get back into bouldering properly in 2007. I must have dropped a good couple of grades since I last went. :oops:

I'm thinking Spa next year as my holiday, then Yosemite the year after.

so you pick a boulder and climb it rather than a route with boulders in the way ?

strongy said:
so you pick a boulder and climb it rather than a route with boulders in the way ?

Yep, boldering is a lot more complex and challenging than climbing. It also requires strength more so than stamina in certain ways. To actually climb a route with bouldering issues would take so much out of you, you'd practically have to be superman to do it.

You normally get book which will show you a route up a rock telling you the moves varying from about V0 - V15.

V0 is normally like a ladder. You'll get to V8-V10 and that's pretty much like a brick wall.

About V6 at the moment!

That's why I wanted to move to the Lakes to get more in or down Cornwall as I love it there and there's some good areas on the beaches.

You?

I haven't got a clue on the Sherman system. I only really know the Fontainebleau 1 - 8c system. What does V6 roughly translate as?

On the Fountainebleau I used to climb at a Britsh 6a/6b grade, but I'm probably way down on that now. :lol:

Latest posts