woot, a garage at last

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeboll

Reaction score
after years of parking on the drive and watching the van slowely rust away, i have finally managed to find a garage space to rent at a price i can afford!

right, now where's the sander..

I gotta garage, but bus won't fit in it. New roller garage doors (to replace up and over door) would be about £2000, cost to lower the bus I dunno but want to keep it stock. Current plan is to keep outside in summer, and hibernate in winter in garage, running it in on flat tyres. (or on very small 5 hole wheels if I can find some...)

Matt cant you put a couple of wooden doors hinged either side to give you a bit more roof clearance? just an idea and will be cheaper than a roller 1?

...I thought of that - but its a double garage, so each door would be huge - not sure if it would be viable to free hang doors that size, and if I had to use wheels and tracks the effort/cost ramps up.

I've ordered my copy of "How to Keep your VW Alive" - but will be a while till I am confident enought to pull the axles off....

Also thought of digging the garage out - and building an inspection pit in the process - but knowing my wife she'd drive her car into the hole...

Snookered whatever way I look at it

before the measure up of the door i was resigned to having to fit drop spindles but unfortunatly the door seems to be high enough!

i move in next month and have told wife and kids not to miss me too much!

what do people do for security at off site storage? this garage is only a few hundred yards down the road but i'd like a bit of extra security now its no longer visible from the living room. was thinking of fitting a tracker and keeping the dissy rotor arm in a drawer at home to frustrate any thieving beggars..

engine immobiliser and or take a couple of wheels home with you makes it harder to even tow it away think 1 step ahead of the thieving scumbags :)

I plan to lift my up and over door and then add a metal strip to the bottom so I get myself an extra inch. I hope it doesn't look too odd. Will post pics when I've done it.

andynods said:
I plan to lift my up and over door and then add a metal strip to the bottom so I get myself an extra inch. I hope it doesn't look too odd. Will post pics when I've done it.

I could do with an extra inch.... :lame: :lol:

If you do, make sure you post pics too then!!!!!

(Even more lame!)

hi
i would defo put a tracker in
my last project was on axle stands. during resto.
came home all that was left was the axle stands.
2 year of graft gone?
i was gutted.
could also use fuel cut off hidden somewhere.
good luck
but the more security the better ,use it or lose it.
ps got some axle stands for sale if any1 needs. lol
all the best boody

i so badly need a garage :( :(

working like this on the drive is going to piss the neighbors off soon and i havnt even attacked the bus with a D.A yet :lol:

Latest posts