worst job on a van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Araon said:
Installing fecking glass any glass with fecking reputed genuine german fecking rubber :x my fecking arse :x next time it'll be status rubbers and feck the cost...... :x

I'm in agreement there, fitting window rubbers is a nightmare. Surprised I haven't broken the glass hitting it so hard trying to get the damn thing in :evil: :lol:

Heater cables to exchangers for me......still ahve mine to do! anyone fancy it?! ;) :lol:

Nelly said:
When will it end i am a numpty sometimes but if you want loads of power and reliability what do you do?

Not buy a 40 year old german box on wheels :lol:

Removing an engine on a cross-dresser. :roll:

There again I haven't tried an early yet, but hopefully it's alot easier. :D

scott wilson said:
earlybay steering box arms tickle me....and those are SA ones that aren`t rusted on!!!

Don't they ALWAYS need cutting off? :lol: without damaging the thread.....easy :oops:

lard said:
Replacing alternator with engine in :x - that and removing the chuffing nut on the fan whilst it's out without trashing the alternator (which I did :D)

i only trashed my fan :D (which i did not know until the engine was back in and running)

froggy said:
Not being able to drive past a petrol station without knowing i need to re-fill again :lol:

my fuel gauge don't work either, i find it best to full up at every petrol station i get to :lol:

mike.s said:
Having to install and re-install generator several times to get fan shimming correct - arggh! Next time i think i`ll just remove the engine!

i did this and i removed the engine :oops:

still have both these jobs to do

easy said:
Heater cables to exchangers for me......still ahve mine to do! anyone fancy it?! ;) :lol:

rubberdubber said:
waxoyling! What a hideous hideos job, was coughing the stuff up for days :x

i would not dare remove/replace glass.

removing the rear wheels (bus is low) top engine bolts are a pain but as long as i've got the time (not rushed) i enjoy working on it ......... when i've finished :lol: its the weather that gets to me :p

004-32.jpg

dubscum said:
removing the rear wheels (bus is low) top engine bolts are a pain but as long as i've got the time (not rushed) i enjoy working on it ......... when i've finished :lol: its the weather that gets to me :p

004-32.jpg

It just might rain Dub :lol: :oops:

Waxoiling for me too.... also Fitting headlamp stone guards..... infact Ive not been able to do it :x :x :x How the F**K do the clips work :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ... mine are from 56 Deluxe by the way!!

You only want the rounded bit of the clip showing..... hard to explaine but i was confused for a bit...... had them stick off he light by an inch at one point :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

getting to that stupid nut at the back of the fan housing that holds the starter motor in,changing a 20 year old drag link with fussed ball joints ,anything to do with a solex carb and its mood swings ,rocker covers that are brand new with new gaskets fitted with methodical presission yet still piss oil out handbrakes that work brilliant untill the m,o,t examiner tries it and gets naff all,WINDOW RUBBERS,WELL DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THEM....F%$£&**,STUPID B%$£^&*&^%**.......oh yes fitting aftermarket bits that are shit...... :hang:

My list and not in any particular order of hatedness:

1. Replacing front arches and trying to line them up correctly when they are cheap pattern parts.

2. Fitting a canvas on a Danbury poptop. How many bloody pop rivets?

3. Fitting a westy louvred window. Needs about 6 hands to do it! Well, mine did anyway!

exhaust clamps ........especially the one on the right what a twunt :shock:

chris

Worst todate . removing inlet manifold with engine in. don't know if it's easier with a generator but with a alternator it'sa right royal work up.however it is do able

Another hated job....... getting behind the speedo housing to replace bulbs then trapping a wire which fuses everything... this took me AGES to sort. So one small EASY job turns into a weekends work with lots of swearing and cursing :evil: :x :x :evil:..... just remembered another C**T of a job...... tracing intermittent indicator fault which started on the morning of MOT.... AND 2 busses ago when the gear lever linkage snapped a couple of hours before the new owner was due to collect (and pay me the balance)for his new van :roll:

Latest posts