Wot extras?/

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricktop

Reaction score
Hi

My 70 Dormy has finally gone in for its resto so can anyone recommend any extras to fit while its stripped out? I'm gonna have a rev counter, oil temp gauge and leisure battery fitted but cant really think of owt else!

cheers :?

a big fat eberspacher for the icy winters? oh yeah scrub that i forgot about global warming 8)

leisure battery
propex heater
any extra seat belt mounts you may need in the future
colour code the dash
new wiring loom

anything else peeps?

Thanks for the replys, got a couple of questions

Big oil cooler- is it really needed?
Propex heater-how expensive? are they safe?
Whats a bambus shelf?
Wiring loom-can you buy them complete?

Sorry if i'm being a bit thick :oops:

1. not on a stock 1600
2. second hand about £160, for the old shape £100 if your lucky, £300 ish new, yes they are safe but your not suppose to use them while driving. Fitting a CO detector is always advised.
3. Bambus is the original bamboo shelf for the front of your bus under the dash, its expensive £100 ish but looks amazing.
4. Yes you can buy complete looms.

check out the Propex website:

http://www.propexheatsource.co.uk

you CAN use them when you are driving, they are used in motorhomes, boats, whatever and are designed for being used on the move.

You must however turn them off in a petrol station............. :roll:

I fitted one to my last bay with the help of my dad-in-law who is CORGI registered, you are strongly advised to have it fitted by a CORGI person.....he is also a electrician as well so that was very handy.......!

I got mine from Propex themselves, a returned one that was less than 6 months old and came with a full guarantee. Cost about £300, which is cheaper than a new one.

Used to keep my van very toasty on the way to work on a winters' morning.....if you have the cash get one, they are superb!

If anyone can buy a proper Bambus parcel shelf for £60 please let me know......they are usually around £100.....look great though... 8)

If your gonna drive with it make sure you get it professionally fitted and tested by a Corgi registered engineer, no doubt.

^^ That was a kind of disclaimer, I dont wanna get sued after someone crashes due to being overcome by Carbon Monoxide. :wink:

While the floor was up in the back I ran all the wiring for the amps etc for the sound system under it so I didn't have to worry about finding somewhere to route it later 8) . Also any feeds for leisure batteries etc could go under there too :wink:

Thanks for all the replys, has given me enough to think about. I will look into a propex heater as i will be using the bus as my daily (had to sell my MG to pay for the resto :cry: ).

Latest posts