Would there be any interest in...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pow

Reaction score
...a bumper iron mounted bike carrier?

I'm going to have one made up for me as I want a bike carrier that isn't boot or towbar mounted (as I'm TDI not sure I can add a towbar with my exhaust) and just wondered if anyone else would be interested? Only testing the water at the moment, need to check out legalities of it all/design tweeks/electrics etc. but just wondered?

Thoughts on a postcard!

sounds like an interesting idea and i may be interested as I've been looking at various bike racks but still undecided, please keep us updated, cheers Nick.

I think there might be some interest in this, especially if it can also be made to fit on late bays as well, which is a bigger market.

As you say, current offerings are based either on hanging it from the rear door making the bikes oddly high up or requiring a tow bar. Seems daft to have to fit a heavy tow bar to carry bikes. The bar probably weighs more than what it's carries.

I would be interested, but being in the USA, might be a bit more expensive for me. Still would like to see what they come up with for you.

Latest posts