• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD: Dog house cooling clobber

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbly

Reaction score
Looking at swapping from SP upright to doghouse cooling.

From what I can gather, I'll need doghouse fan shroud, twin port fan, two bits of tin that go on the back of the fan shroud and the doghouse tinware that goes over the bellhousing. Oh, and the Hoover bit, I guess. Will be fitting new stand-off bracket and actual cooler.

Anyone got any/all of that that they would like to swap for actual money?

Anything else I'll need?

One more question, which I'm sure will be answered here genuinely and without any patronization - how important are the flaps within the fan housing for a bolt-on modded engine?

Many thanks,

Jim

As far as I know the flaps and thermostat are a must if you want proper cooling.

I have the two pieces of tin that go on the back of the fanshroud knocking around. I can grab pics of them if you're interested. From memory they are in good nick with a touch of surface rust.

Here's a few piccies for you:

Upper doghouse tin
dsc0248640x425.jpg

dsc0249640x425.jpg

Small break next to the bolt hole
dsc0256640x425.jpg

Lower doghouse tin
dsc0250640x425.jpg

dsc0251640x425.jpg

Surface rust on inside and slightly crumpled corner
dsc0255640x425.jpg

gvee - I think I've got some sorted but many thanks for digging those out and photographing them - sorry, should have let you know before you went to the effort.

Toffo 24 - again, many thanks for the offer but for (probably anal) peace of mind, I'm going to go brand new on the cooler. But again, many thanks indeed for the offer.

Thanks both.

No worries mate, glad to hear you have something sorted! I need to get my spares photographed at some point any way and chuck a for sale thread up so it was no biggie :)

Latest posts