• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD Dormobile parts and advise

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorsetchris

Reaction score
Hi,

27 years after owning my 1st Bay Camper Dormobile I have now got another and I am looking for a few parts to get it back to its original condition....

I am looking for the original cabinet behind the passenger seat, please can you let me know if you have one going spare for sale in good condition :D

also, I probably need to replace the shrunken pop top canvas, does anyone have the contact details for where I can buy a new replacement ??

Many Thanks :D

Dormobile still sell the canvas or maybe Proud to Pop if you want something a bit funkier.

dorsetchris said:
Hi,

27 years after owning my 1st Bay Camper Dormobile I have now got another and I am looking for a few parts to get it back to its original condition....

I am looking for the original cabinet behind the passenger seat, please can you let me know if you have one going spare for sale in good condition :D

also, I probably need to replace the shrunken pop top canvas, does anyone have the contact details for where I can buy a new replacement ??

Many Thanks :D

Bought my canvass from Dormobile and they also fitted it because I didn't fancy that job. VW Camper and Bus did a feature on it (after some prompting from moi) and I uploaded the pictures of the visit the mag did to Dormobile and the actual fitting of the pop top canvass on the build thread. If you ever need any other advice pm and I'll help if I can....

My van is currently in for some resto work and I plan on changing the interior so will have much of the Dormy stuff available (cabinets and seats). I have the particular cabinet you need and would say that while it is in good condition it does have some fading to the T trim (common problem where the sun bleaches the plastic).

PM me if you'd like to discuss further

Neil

Many Thanks for the replies and answer, they are great :D

Hi Neil, where are you based? ....I am in Dorset ;)

All the Best ... Chris

Just around the corner in Essex... (well I didn't say how long the corner was!) ;)

I don't suppose that's much help?

ha ha, yes thats a fair corner distance to cover ;)

please can you let me know when you remove the cupboard :D

will you be replacing the og seats ? (do they still have good covers) as my og's are a bit too battered and worn

Yes the seats will go. They were recovered in white vinyl with a Turquoise panel. They are not like new but are not ripped or split. also had a set of cusions made up to convert the bed to full width (so much nicer...) so they would all come with it.

I'll try to post some pictures if you're interested?

Neil

Hi Neil,

thank you for the reply, I will leave the front seats as I am looking for the og look and need to either find some good originals or some replacement original looking seat covers ;)

defo interested in the cupboard though if it could be shipped / couriered to me here ?

That's very kind of you Fortunate Son. I'm not too far from Purfleet really being in Brentwood (less than 5 mins off the M25 junction 28). Happy to sort something out if that works for you?

I'll see about getting some old photo's of the interior so that you can see the unit but the bus is over an hour away from me at the moment so retrieving the cupboard won't happen for a couple of weeks, is that OK?

wow, yes and yes to both, Fortunate Son (I think your Dormy is the same colour as mine) 8)

Neil, thank you, I am in no mega rush as I have a few other parts to hunt down in the meantime and please let me know the £'s you want for it when you take the photos :D :D

Fortunate Son, please let me know how many beer tokens will compensate you for your help (I am on the Dorset / Somerset border between Shaftesbury and Yeovil / A30 if you are going anywhere close ?) :D

Many Thanks ... Chris

I will next be over at Purfleet around 4th June.

I usually travel back A303 / A361 so not too far away.

I may be able to help with Dormobile interior panels also (will have a look in the garage tonight) I have quite a few Dormy bits, so let me know if you need anything else.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you, at the moment I am looking for a nice set of original front seats (or covers) as well if you have replaced yours?, mine are all there frame wise but the covers have had it and I want to go back to og ;)

Many Thanks ... Chris

Chris

Sorry, I don't have any covers that are good enough for what you are after. Got some OK ones but I am using the back section off one to unpick and repair a small tear in my OG ones. They do seem to come up fairly often but are starting to fetch a lot of money for really good ones.

Good Luck with your search!

If you and Zcat7 let me know if you do the deal on the wardrobe, give me a shout?

Here are some pictures I have to hand. I'll try to take some better ones when I'm up there next.

Just to show that the cooker heat shield is still in place (please ignore the girl with her head on backwards, some sort of weird party trick...)
DSC00631.jpg

Side view
VW6.jpg

Thank you, that cupboard looks perfect :eek:)

I now also have realised that I am missing the cooker heat shield piece that is shown on the photo, is there a possibility that it could also be for sale along with the cupboard ?

also a mental note to myself that I also only have 1 x buddy seat and need to track down another ;)

Many Thanks ... Chris

Yes the cooker heat shield will come with it :) Will sort out a date soon to go and fetch it out of the van.

Neil

Latest posts