• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD - Luggage area floor repair section

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesabell1978

Reaction score
Hi all, as part of getting ready for my new engine from Dan I am tidying up the engine bay. The PO cut a really crap access hole to get the the fuel tank sender as per the pic and I am hoping to get a bit of the floor so I can make it more presentable. Tried contacting a few people on ebay who advertise they are breaking bays but no luck so far. Anyone have such a piece or can recommend a good source much appreciated.

Cheers James

Have you tried Volksheaven in Doncaster?

I`ve just checked down the yard / lane as I have that section from a 1972 and it`s a very different profile from my 1970 and yours looks to be the same as my 1970. Just putting this up here so that you don`t get a wrong piece from someone ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

Thanks Ozziedog for the pointer, did not think about that, due to go see a possible donor vehicle later today so cross fingers it is an early as I forgot to ask.

If you do get a relacement piece instead of welding in the new section i would trim the existing piece they have butchered and make it so it is removable, once you have sound deadened it etc you wont see it

Ozziedog, you saved me a wasted trip, was from a late :) cheers for that.

So still on the hunt for this, few guys have offered me flat sections but the cut out goes over the bend slightly which is proving harder to source... bugger but dont want to leave that awful hole

If this goes wrong for any reason, Rusty is a trader on here and he`s down in Devon, but I`m 99% sure he can help as he has a few down there (or did). Plus he`s a real nice bloke that knows his unions :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,But,,,,,,, hopefully sorted. :mrgreen:

Latest posts