• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTD : Pair of early bumpers, deluxe trim lots of bits needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89Rallye

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I'm looking for a solid pair of early bumpers for a 71 Deluxe, would be nice but they dont have to be deluxe model bumpers standard ones will do.

I'm also after some deluxe body trim basically everything is missing so i'll probably end up buying a repro kit when im ready but thought id ask here first to see if anyone has anything laying about. I think the only thing left untouched is the grille.

And the following if anyone can help..

Complete headliner - colour type etc unimportant
Front seats - Standard fit - colour/type etc unimportant
Any seals (engine lid, tailgate, glass) must be new/mint, and window rubbers have to be Deluxe with the groove
bumpers-1.jpg
- Rear bumper only now.
exhaust (1600 tp) - van currently has a botched up motorbike silencer on it
Alternator kit (1600 tp)
Possibly a LHD Sliding door must be straight and cheap'ish!

The rear of the van is bare so i'm looking for a complete interior (LHD), will take a full camping interior or just bits rock n roll bed etc also any insulation, flooring, cab seats, night heaters, you name it

Trying to do it on a budget so I thought i'd ask about and see whats available second hand give someone some extra spending money thiis xmas before hitting the dealers.

WHYG?

Up she goes,

Front bumper now sorted, I picked one up at the weekend.

Still interested in ANY interesting early bay bits anyone has lying around, just try me.

Cash waiting 8)

Spirit interiors fit and make a complete headliner for 650 quid , and they take out and put back all your windows too , Rusty Lee on here does complete rock and roll beds for 160 quid i think , get a new exhaust as 2nd ones are usually buggered tbh Grab some brand new Vewib window rubbers as the cheap shit ones dont fit or go in properly :roll: I have a used Ebespacher petrol heater im after 200 for it ;) Cab seats there are a few sets on here for around the 100 quid mark

Gadget :mrgreen:

Gadget Boy said:
Spirit interiors fit and make a complete headliner for 650 quid , and they take out and put back all your windows too , Rusty Lee on here does complete rock and roll beds for 160 quid i think , get a new exhaust as 2nd ones are usually buggered tbh Grab some brand new Vewib window rubbers as the cheap shit ones dont fit or go in properly :roll: I have a used Ebespacher petrol heater im after 200 for it ;) Cab seats there are a few sets on here for around the 100 quid mark

Gadget :mrgreen:

Cheers Gadget,

I'll be taking the glass out anyway when I prep it for paint, I've looking into it and I can get a headliner made locally for about £130 + fitting.

I agree with the exhaust, unless someone has a nice stainless one lying around :)

I'd snap that heater off you if it was a diesel one (I can get plenty of red diesel from work you see ;) )

Sorry forgot to say hopefully sorted with the front seats, just waiting to find out about them :cry:

the.fordhams said:
We have a rear bumper, it is early and rust free, it will need more prep before painting,
Has been sand blasted so there is nothing hidden, but there are dents that will need filling and attention for nice finish
£125 + shipping which we can do for £15 via parcelmonkey
http://www.busandcamper.com/shop/bay-window-rear-bumper-earlybay.html
vw_bay_window_rear_bumper_early_1.jpg

Thanks, looking at its condition its worth every penny but sadly too many pennies for me. Looking for something a little rattier.

rallye dale said:
I know someone whos got an alternator coversion probably for sale, will find out for you Mark

Top man, thanks Dale let me know.

p.s as you can probably tell I managed to one ;)

i have a bosch alternator conversion kit with genuine VW pedestal for sale, 3k miles on it, after £100 posted though (cost twice this!)

Shroom

Cheers guys,

Going to hang on with the alternator (and exhaust) as I might of sorted a complete 1776cc turnkey motor, just waiting for an answer.

Also sorted a pair of front seats today (cheers Mark ;) ) so there off the list too now.

TTT.

Seats and front bumper sorted.

Also need,

Rear cargo floor repair panels and a cab floor repair panel n/s (drivers side in LHD)

:party0049:

Managed to blag a 90% complete Westfalia interior today, it was about to go for fire wood :shock:

Still looking for other stuff, bus arrives tomorrow so expect the list to grow...

Latest posts