Ya See Um come and ya se um go!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyvanwestybike

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
After 1972
Van Type
79 sunroof deluxe
Now I have often wondered out of the 9500 odd members
On here actually still own EBs
Or have wandered off to T5s
And Beyond

I wonder! :)

Im here - and will be for the long term although I do go off the reservation in the winter! :msn4:

Only been here for a couple of years but I hope to be here for many more.

It'd be nice if 9500 turned up to the EB camp out! :shock:

Yea i'm in for the long haul.......the Mrs wouldn't let me sell even if i wanted to! :shock:

sold my early bay i had when i was first on here... got a T4 as the wife didnt like the bay....
she didnt like the T4 either so i sold it.....
then i thought "i know how to make it right!" so i dumped the wife :lol:
built a '74 beetle and sold it..... bought an awesome T25 panel aaaand sold it!
bought a mk1 Golf cabby and a vintage folding caravan.... sold the golf!
now have the 72 im plodding along with at the moment :mrgreen:

current lass doesnt "feel it" with the bay..... i referred her to the wifes outcome!
busses make me happy, get on board with it or depart :msn4: 8)

Been here nearly ten years now, got rid of my 68 Devon to buy something more sensible and lasted all of 2 months before jumping right back in again (70 Westy). Looks like I'm stuck here :eek:

Had mine 18 mth (newbie), saved for years for one, all family and friends Love it. Was also my Granddaughters first ever ride in a motor when Sweetpea (thats her name EB not the baby) Fetched Claira Rose from hospital to home when she was only a few days old. Would never ever part our adventures have only just begun

Relative newbie, but still here after 4 yrs. (Did have a '74 camper for 15 yrs before tho.)

But toying with idea of selling, only to go back to an (early) camper from a crew cab!

Still here and one of the originals! :shock: still got the same bay, had a few others including a 64 rhd notch, but the bay stays. T4s n 5 s are shit end of. Dont belong in the same world as vintage aircooled VWs, one day maybe but not now for sure.

Earlybay till i cant drive anymore or pop me clogs :mrgreen: :lol:

Had a few T4's along side beetles, mk1 golf, a caddy and 2 bays. The T4's make the best daily/surf bus, no doubt about it. Used to do all the spannering and kitted my last one out myself and resprayed it, had loads of fun with it but never got the satisfaction that I do out of aircooled stuff. That being said if I had to reduce down to one vehicle for school run/work/days out it would probably end up being watercooled!

Currently happy with my peugeot 307 daily and my bay on the side! Poss looking for a beetle for the Mrs/an excuse to have another myself!

Can't get rid of mine as it won't move..............
But, saying that, not planning on getting rid of it !
(Also one of the originals)

I have never seriously considered getting rid of my bay although it is now Scooby powered so now I have even less reason to get rid

I feel a bit like `part of the furniture` nowadays, don`t get on here as much as I used to, and don`t mess with my bus as much as I used to, but he runs a treat and we can go anywhere if we wants to :p ANOTHER new job has me in it`s clutches now and once I get the hang of it :roll: I should get a bit more time to meself and my bus :mrgreen: Can`t see any reason to change from my Early, we get to meet some pretty decent peeps we do :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Here comes summer,,,,,,, at last :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Got my first bus more than 20 years ago, I'm not going anywhere, love it...

I got my first bus last year at the grand old age of twenty so I hope to be on here for a few years :)

Latest posts