YellowBay69...so far

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pump tap and waste install 🌈👍

IMG_0031.jpeg
Gearbox install ..take 2 !!
This time with no oil leaks (thanks Geartech Kidderminster for sorting) and also with CV joints the right way around!! (bloody amateur mechanics eh !!) 🥴🤪

IMG_0033.jpeg
on the subject of amateur mechanics. Whilst bleeding brakes I can’t get much fluid through driver front brake and no pressure on pedal. Using the easibleed kit and there are no leaks and fluid passing through all other brakes … so thinking it may some kind of valve return /open situation at the master cylinder. I rebuilt it a while back with new seals etc. Anyone any thoughts or suggestions.. would be greatly appreciated. 🌈👍

Have you checked the flexible pipe ? These can collapse internally with age, particularly if it's ever been clamped to aid caliper or cylinder removal.
All pipes etc are new. 😕

View attachment 8357
on the subject of amateur mechanics. Whilst bleeding brakes I can’t get much fluid through driver front brake and no pressure on pedal. Using the easibleed kit and there are no leaks and fluid passing through all other brakes … so thinking it may some kind of valve return /open situation at the master cylinder. I rebuilt it a while back with new seals etc. Anyone any thoughts or suggestions.. would be greatly appreciated. 🌈👍
Have you got enough slop at your master cylinder??? Easy one to overlook. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,lookin cleaner than clean :)

Have you got enough slop at your master cylinder??? Easy one to overlook. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,lookin cleaner than clean :)
Will take a look tomorrow. By slop you mean a small amount of “free play “ before the push rod starts to engage the piston ???
🤔🌈👍

Yup, you got it, that’s exactly what I was rattling on about. Can work just like a failed flexi hose.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, sorry about all the technical jargon :) :ROFLMAO: :)
It’s ok - glad for the suggestion. Got the Bentleys out and took another look. I’ve adjust the push rod right back …. but no joy. Thinking down disconnect flex pipe to drum and see if there’s any pressure there. If there isn’t i guess it’s new master cylinder 😕

Have you taken the bleed nipple out completely to ensure that it isn't block or there is a blockage in the caliper.
Yes - there’s fluid passing at all points .. but no pressure to that brake.
Disconnected nipple , flex hose , exit from master cylinder to front brake.
Thinking it’s master cylinder 😨

Yes - there’s fluid passing at all points .. but no pressure to that brake.
Disconnected nipple , flex hose , exit from master cylinder to front brake.
Thinking it’s master cylinder 😨
Ok I think I need a rewind. After bleeding,you apply foot pressure to the brake pedal and one wheel can still be rotated by hand. Do you have a duel system master fitted. Trying to do diagnosis while on jolly bobs on Belgium 🤙

Hi guys appreciate the help .. I used a pressurised bleed kit to bleed the system. Rear brakes and passenger front all had good amount of fluid passing through when bled. Driver front had just a dribble. I have no pressure at the pedal.
It’s a standard set up. Separate brake pressure switches. All came original and was working…. before I got to them. 😨

Have you still got the original master cylinder fitted?
Are you sure the residual pressure unit in the outlet isn't blocked?
Yes it’s all original. I took it all off stripped and cleaned and rebuilt with new hard lines, hoses and pads. 🌈👍

There's a ball bearing and spring in the master cylinder outlets that provide residual pressure for drum brakes, just make sure that they're not blocked.
They are the parts that are arrowed where the brake pipe screws into,

if you unscrew them they look like this inside.

(Pics taken from thesamba.com)

Latest posts