Your Early Bay Picture of the Day .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a ride out to Goathland village of Heartbeat & Hogwarts fame, in the North Yorks Moors on Saturday. It was unusually quiet with the weather not as nice as promised but better for keeping the dog cool. Lovely open moorland & quite smooth country lanes to drive along.

We used to visit here loads back when our '63 beetle was our daily driver 25+yrs ago. The climbs were a bit slower this time around. I messed up 3rd>2nd gear on the Birk Brow climb which is a steep sharp winding dual carriageway up onto the Moors northern edge, so had to stop & pull away in 1st, then 2nd appeared without a problem.

I've got to crack on with that linkage. I keep putting off 'til winter as i now mostly have the knack of finding 2nd, but sometimes it beats me.

"EarlyBay" sticker now in the window, & roofrack removed, so i can get this (squeezed) in our garage at home, instead of being stored miles away, which was a PITA.

View attachment 9358View attachment 9359View attachment 9360
Sweet looking bus 🌈👍

Thanks fella,
A few changes i'd like to make as i go along; proper 68-71 rear bumper with splash trays, Possibly WW full deluxe window rubbers with the aluminium inserts. Rear vent windows in long side & slider. It did have those fitted pre resto so i feel it should get its microbus identity back a bit by reinstating them.
Also been fancying one of those Aircooled Accessories 356 steering wheels, in honour of its reg number, but so expensive.

FB_IMG_1550268639425.jpg

Last edited:
Our front plate was riveted onto the bumper & started rattling in certain windy conditions so took it off. Needs the bumper off to make some clearance behind the irons to get room for refitting it with nuts.
Bonus was when i got free parking at a local forest, their ANPR cameras couldn't read me coming in when i checked at the payment machine, & i drove out with the decklid open so they didn't get my rear plate going out.

Latest posts