Early Bay Christmas Meet Sun 4th Dec 2011@ American Diner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VeeDubDom said:
Evening.
Managed to get the time off!
If crossovers are allowed, could you add me, the missus and the little one.
Looking forward to it.

YAY...!! That makes at least 3 Crossovers tomorrow..!! 8)

See you there, can't wait...!!! :D :D :D

just spent all day get the van ready fitting interior curtains panels carpet etc. only to find the damn thing wouldn t turn over slapped the battery charger on and its running fine now still i only have to drive it down the road and im there 5mins max :lol: I think the dynamo isn t charging the battery had a lot of problems with it starting and stoping as and when it likes , so rang the guy who did the resto on the engine and he said bring it back and he'll sort it out so next weekend it's going back. As some of you may know it had an engine fire and the insurance payed out 4k to have it sorted so i want a very very reliable van for that sort of money after all i payed 6K to start with , with all new shiney engine bits my plan was to take the kids and do a bit of traveling next year. I'd planned to go to a VW festival in the isle of wight and then do as many of show as poss . fingers crosssed its just a silly little problem :roll:

lobie said:
i only have to drive it down the road and im there 5mins max :lol:

You'll have to go the long way tomorrow to get the most of the cruise there..!!! :lol:

Any minute now,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ozziedogs are GO !!!!!!! :? :? :? See you in a bit guys and gals :D :p :D
(sorry George) :msn4: :shock: :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,Well,,,, after I done poos :roll: ;) :roll:

Got to take my son to football, so can't make it.... gutted

If you get a wave from a silver Toyota estate (on M42 / M6)... that'll be me

Have a great time....

Not going to make it unfortunately. Have a great time today ladies and gents :) Looking forward to seeing all the pictures.

Fantastic turn ou folks! Hats off to Deano for organising the meet.. You were right Deano, the millshakes were OH MY GOD! I didn't need a burger!

It seems I may have found my new project.. Apparently I need to go lower??!! :lol:

Was great to put a few more names to faces.. Ozziedog seemed surprised by my northern accent? ;)

Paul I'll be in touch I can assure you. If the king & link pin is as smooth as your better half so descriptively described I'm on the wagon!!

Didn't take many photos but this is the main line up. The Crewcab stole it for me today. No idea who owns it but I liked it very much! :mrgreen:

894e26fc.jpg

563c2d5c.jpg

thanks for a good get together nice to chat to a few people,
DSC01789.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

mines the tall one lol
DSC01784.jpg

DSC01785.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

now at home in front of this ahh

2011-12-04172541.jpg

cheers Pete and Gail

wicked day at the diner! cheers everyone involved!

thanks everyone who voted for our bus. was a big shock :shock:

nice to meet up with u all and prob cya all next year.

we'll be reviewing the event in Air Monkeys Magazine so keep tuned : )

Shame I missed out on seeing the crew cab as I do like a nice crewy, or is it just the way you`re saying it :? :? Saw a single cab there to die for though and what a handsome looking single it was in a loverly green.
Well what can I say about the day, bus went like a dream navigator did okay until we got a bit geographically embarrassed on the road with the speed bumps and we hit them three times, over back and over again, had to be that bit of road din`t it :roll: Then a gorgeous creamy gold early came to our rescue and we tailed them in, little knowing that this little bus was vette powered :shock:
So we finally get there took us just over two hours twenty which wasn`t too bad we thought then the FIASCO began, as we stopped to let other busses park,, we accidentally not purposely with no intention or forethought :? Not pre meditated or malicious in any way shape or form,,,,,,, well there`s no other way to say it,,,,,, we sort of ran over Gadget :shock: :shock: . So now I got a huge roundish shaped dent in the front of my bus :shock: , very similar to the shape of Gadgets tum, well I happened to notice that he wasn`t that impressed with it :evil: and I had a feeling of foreboding :? The day was sort of going downhill fast and I got the impression that my card was marked :shock: He said hello (through slightly gritted teeth I might add) and told us where to park. To say it was a three day hike back to the diner may have been an under statement but it took us longer to get back to the diner than it did to drive up there from Bristol :msn4: so I got an idea that we were being pushed away from the main arena (obvious jealousy) possibly so that no one would vote for my bus :cry: Eventually we walked back to the diner and managed to find our way back and went in and met loads of really great peeps (that we hadn`t managed to run over) everyone was so cool apart from one who shall remain nameless but I can show you a photo of his shape :msn4: . What a fabulous diner, even under intense pressure they were all absolutely superb through out the whole thing and coped so well with everything, I had a cappuccino to start with and an iced frappe which kicked everything off to a great start, then I had a scooby snack and polished it all off with a nana shake that filled the void :roll: and could not believe the price,,,,, brilliant ,, absolutely brilliant the whole thing.
So we retire outside to view all the excellent busses and partake in the Golden V whilst chatting loads of bus related bollox and setting off the local burglar alarms (he weren't impressed :evil: ) So we then got down to the serious business of a light heated marking of the busses. I could not pick and am so glad that it was a voting decision because I changed my mind every five minutes as to my top three, as you can imagine it would have been very difficult to vote for my bus unless you had binoculars (I said my card was marked) :msn4: So the top three were announced and I think virtually every bus there was in the top three (if you could see them) So all in all a wonderful day apart from the dent and I may venture up there the next time they have one as it was just great fun and meeting all those new faces (and voices) :mrgreen:
Remember me saying that my card was marked ???? Well there was another competition based on scoffing a scooby snack :shock: Well,,,,,,,,, I won that one hands down as well and didn`t even get a mention, virtually the whole reason for the journey was to go in the scooby snack thing and ,,,,,,,,,,,, well yes,, my card was marked :lol:
Hats off to Gadget and every one that had any part in organising this event especially the sponsors and the diner peeps as well, a great day out and worth the effort next time for anyone. Must be some really good photos coming too, even more so if you had a telephoto lense :lol: Big thanks everyone, made the trip worthwhile :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Ohhhh yes,, sorry about the bump Mr Gadget :msn4: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :msn4:

Latest posts