Your old ride's!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine , sorry its a frenchy
calendershots027.jpg

My last bus was my 'ultimate' bus. 1958 RHD Samba, with original curved Devon interior, OG Gas Burners, all the tricks running a 2332cc with twin 48s, Porsche cooling etc.

'Ultimately' it was unusable and I sold it last year ... :lol:

van158.jpg

some of mine old rides ..
1961 commer
1959 split single cab
1954 rhd ultramaroon oval barn find
1954 rhd black oval
wheels001.jpg

100_6842.jpg

100_6304.jpg

100_5757.jpg

My old Corrado G60 with full factory fitted electric recaro interior.
Best car I have owned performed outstanding and could still give 50+mpg on a long run.

n545598460_108081_2345.jpg

Sparrow said:
My last bus was my 'ultimate' bus. 1958 RHD Samba, with original curved Devon interior, OG Gas Burners, all the tricks running a 2332cc with twin 48s, Porsche cooling etc.

van158.jpg

Wow that's a nice bus ... ;)

Chris

crede999 said:
Sparrow said:

van158.jpg

Chris

In theory. But a fast, very low bus is actually slower than a 'stocker' in practice as you have to slow down for every ripple in the tarmac .... I prefer my 70 deluxe, mildly lowered and 1/6 of the price lol.

Sparrow said:
crede999 said:
Sparrow said:

van158.jpg

Chris

In theory. But a fast, very low bus is actually slower than a 'stocker' in practice as you have to slow down for every ripple in the tarmac .... I prefer my 70 deluxe, mildly lowered and 1/6 of the price lol.

I hear you ;) I've been there myself i had s split that was very low , looks cool but hit a rut and its inside lane to outside lane in the blink of a eye :shock: that was in 2007 when narrowed 6 inch beams were fairly new to the scene ... I've a 70 bay too and absolutely love it its lowered 3 inch and its staying like that I've made so many memories in it it's part of the family ;) show cars are just that show cars

Started off with a 1.3 polo 6n

then went for a MK2 (lowed it!!)
started like this..was a mess

then after a few months

found some big bumpers...

then came a moments of polo madness!
6n 1.4 8v started off in salmon pink :lol: soon sprayed black with camo roof

then came the madness...roller paint job and polo van???? :lol: (love it!!)

covered the interior too

swapped the camo polo for a standard polo derby, after a bit of lowering and some stamags...
My poloon

then came the MK3
slammed on BMW BBS and Vento front end :)

then a sensible polo 6n again....

couldn't stand it!! after a short time got another mk2

and finally i now own a mk2 polo breadvan and my first aircooled VW which i've wanted for years!!!

VW's RULE!!!

Latest posts