Zig and electrics help please...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruth11

Reaction score
... In the JPG of the Zig CF9 below what does the 10amp bypass wiring achieve..? Does it aid in mains charging..? or just allow usage of both batteries without switching... Currently Zig appears to charge the Car Battery at +14v when on mains but not the leisure battery ?

zigcf9.jpg

... Separate question... Capacitor discharge ignition system... what is it.. is it the same as a electronic ignition module in the dizzy. ? if not can both be used at once. ? The reason being we have bought an ignition system to replace the points & condenser... but the van already has a discharge system fitted.

I hope that makes some sense to someone out there because these are questions my husband has asked me to post and I've just copied and pasted them!

Thanks

ive moved this to tech. tech questions in the general section are liable to get deleted, please be aware.

Sorry Johnny.

I put it there because sometimes posts just don't get read or replied to in the Tech area and I wanted a speedy response if possible.
I won't do it again.

Hi

I just looked at the PDF from Zig and it doesnt show that bridge connection (that i could see). If you wire the system as per your drawing then the unit will work correctly, basically the mains charges the Leisure Bat when hooked up (to the mains) and the switch set to camping. When driving set the switch to touring and your Alt will charge your LB. Whilst parked up the LB will supply all your 12V circuit like lights ect. without flattening your main battery......also when attached to the mains the unit converts 230v to 12v.

http://klassicvwkampers.co.uk/manuals/Zig_CF9_Manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just

Thanks - I assume that's helped because he hasn't asked me to post any more questions!

:)

Right, I think I've got a handle on what he wants to know.

The jpg above is one he found somewhere - not the one in the zig pdf as you say. He has wired up as per the above but without the 10amp bridge. He says now that the zig does charge the leisure battery and not the car battery. He was wondering if this 10amp bridge means that the zig will charge both batteries? And if so, does that mean that when you set it to run on 12v it will also use both batteries - therefore draining the car battery as well as the leisure?

Yep, The only reason you would want that 10A bridging fuse is if you didn't have a leisure battery in the system, even then I would expect a link instead of a fuse.

Remember that the existing wiring from the alternator to the starter battery is not shown in the picture, there should be a connection out of your regulator (screwed to your fire wall) to the starter battery. If he is using that diagram in isolation that link will be missing.

Regards,

Sparky.

Latest posts