112pcd to 205pcd

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go. I said it was tight!

DSC00824.jpg

pete nice said:
ET or Offset is how far from the centre line of the wheel the mounting face is in relation to the wheel. It's all about geometry, when cars are designed it's not possible to get the hubs, brakes etc directly in line with the centre of the wheel. The simple solution is to move the wheel mounting with offset. Hence a Radar has et20, so the centre mounting face is offset by 20mm, a gas burner is offset by 6mm. It really needs to be about 25-30 to make it sit right.

363px-Wheel2.JPG

I'm a bit confused by this all. My Mooneye wheels have a ET +21 and there is bags of room at the rear.

If you have an offset of 21mm, & I have an offset of 6mm, 21-6=15mm, so you will have 15mm more clearance than me to start with.

The bigger the offset the more tucked in the wheel will be.

Isnt the offset also dependent on the rim width though as well?
If for example Faux has the 5 inch speedmasters with a +21 offset & you have 5.5 inch gasburners with a +6 offset will the difference in tuckage not be 21mm?

pete nice said:
If you have an offset of 21mm, & I have an offset of 6mm, 21-6=15mm, so you will have 15mm more clearance than me to start with.

The bigger the offset the more tucked in the wheel will be.

I agree and that makes sense but I'm questioning the et20 of Raders. Having fitted a set to Windsurfers bus recently, they were very/very tight, a spacer was fitted but only12mm. I still had to give the arches a bit of a tweak.

Different width wheels will give a different offset, yes, 0.5" difference in width will give an extra 6.35mm (1/4"). So yes, you would have 21.35 more. I was assuming they were the same width.

I can only get a 175/65x15 tyre on the rear. What size tyre is on the Radar?

ET20 with a 12mm spacer will give you ET8. That's nearly as bad as the 5x112 gas burner. Any wider than 175 & you will have to pull the arch as you say.

:?

So are ET20 ok normally?

My mate has late running gear on his 69 van and that pushes the hub carrier out. He bought some MWS Fuch copies and they would not fit on. They are ET35 (5.5")

The SSP 'new improved' 911 Fuch wheel is ET20 (5.5") .... that means it will be even worse a fit? Is that correct? I couldnt image a worse fit would exist!

:)

I think the et35 is wrong, but I fitted a set of MWS 4.5" to my brothers 71 (112pcd) bus with 185/65/15 tyres and it is fine. I wouldn't have wanted to try the 5.5's though.

If you use the MWS Fuchs in 5x112pcd they are ET6, so are the same as my Gas Burners.

The 5x130 are ET35, but you would probably use an adaptor that could be 25mm thick. That will leave you with ET10, only 4mm better.

I think my 6x15 American Eagle Fuchs are ET52, I will run a 25mm adaptor up front to gain an extra 15mm, & an 18mm adaptor on the back, this will gain me 22mm of clearance. This should sort out the close rear arch issue.

pete nice said:
If you use the MWS Fuchs in 5x112pcd they are ET6, so are the same as my Gas Burners.

Yep, I re checked and youre spot on. That means the outer rim of the 'new' SSP wheel is 14mm further in? In that case he could well be on a winner.

The new SSP wheels are nice, I was there on Saturday getting my cooler.

The matt black EMPI 5's are lush, They are still cheap enough too.

If you get Fuchs, get polished ones, then detail them yourself. The detailing looks a bit strange from the factory.

pete nice said:
The new SSP wheels are nice, I was there on Saturday getting my cooler.

The matt black EMPI 5's are lush, They are still cheap enough too.

If you get Fuchs, get polished ones, then detail them yourself. The detailing looks a bit strange from the factory.

Good call. Id heard the factory detailing wasnt all that. I think SSP have really done this biz here and raised the bar in the budget sphere of repop wheels. JGE and Flat 4 stuff is tops, but pricey for many.

I guess my pal's unused 5 x 112 'detailed' first edition MWS Fuchs are worth just about scrap value now! :lol:

Clem said:

So are ET20 ok normally?

My mate has late running gear on his 69 van and that pushes the hub carrier out. He bought some MWS Fuch copies and they would not fit on. They are ET35 (5.5")

The SSP 'new improved' 911 Fuch wheel is ET20 (5.5") .... that means it will be even worse a fit? Is that correct? I couldnt image a worse fit would exist!

Sorry, just read this ^^

I though they are the same offset as MWS *spits* and Flat4..?

I guess my pal's unused 5 x 112 'detailed' first edition MWS Fuchs are worth just about scrap value now! :lol:

I dunno, I need something to keep my hose pipe tidy.

Joval said:
Clem said:

So are ET20 ok normally?

Sorry, just read this ^^

I though they are the same offset as MWS *spits* and Flat4..?

They are all different, I think? Flat4 never made a 5x112 did they? :?

Latest posts