• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1641 SP Engine Turnkey and Complete

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike.s

Reaction score
Hi,

I`m upgrading my bus to a bigger engine, so i have my old for sale.

Its a complete 1641 Single Port engine, turnkey and ready to bolt in - i literally just drove my van into the garage this afternoon, removed the engine and its ready to bolt straight in.

The only bit missing would be the front piece of tin which i need for my new engine. Also, the case is beetle/split case, so if you want to bolt it in a bay with a support bar, you`ll need one of the adaptors which bolts to the oil pump cover (about £15 i think).

If i`m honest, its bit oily with a couple of leaks and you can feel a touch of endplay when grabbing the flywheel - but it drove fine and powered my bus along well enough.

That said, it has a pretty much new clutch, petronix ignition, original (dirty) heat exchangers and an alternative colour tinware to standard if thats your sort of thing!

Its pickup only from Weymouth, Dorset.

£850

Cheers, Mike

IMG_20180414_203451.jpg

IMG_20180414_203516.jpg

I forgot to say, i can run the engine up on an engine stand so you can see it running if needed.

Thanks, Mike

Got my new engine off the stand tonight and stuck the 1641 on there so got a video finally !

Considering its been sat on my garage floor for a couple of weeks, its started up first time and idled no worries. This was pretty much stone cold.

The rattle you hear when i walk around is just some tinware and when the idle drops, its just choke coming off a notch.

Here we go -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svEgu_dFilc

Hi
Just asking have you got any
Early baywindow parts for sale
I've got a 69 deluxe and only live in
Wimborne
Many thanks
Jamie

Hi Jamie- not really as mod s bits were used on rebuilding my van or sold on.

I think all have is an anti roll bar left and some front brake drums!

Latest posts