1776 Specs Please.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamBrian

Reaction score
I'm hoping to build myself a 1776 engine over the winter, but am unsure of what specs to go with. It will be turning an uprated gearbox of some kind for motorway cruising and the van will be loaded up for camping and foreign holidays. I've already got a pair of new 36 Dells to go with it but I'm not sure what cam and rockers to use. I'm intending on using my good 1600 as a donor, using the case, crankshaft and heads if they're OK. I'm not too fussed about out and out performance and I just want a good, uncomplicated engine. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I see that someone is selling a Scat conversion kit on Ebay but it looks like only a handful of the parts are actually Scat and the word "economy is used a few times, which I find a little concerning

An Engle 100 or 110 with 1.25 rockers and about 8.5:1 compression. Noticeable but not a ripper 8)

Just a thought but by the time you have bought parts and paid for the machine work required to the case and to the heads it may end up being more cost effective to buy a built 1776cc.

It would also then be covered by a warranty too.

I would deffo's Full flow the oil system whilst your having the case machines for 90.5's

Latest posts