1968 Bay pickup

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grubenwerks

Reaction score
A really nice dude just unloaded this sweet ride on a Swedish web site and I was happy enough to snag it. She runs well and all rust has been taken care of, electrical system seems intact and all lights are working. She needs a brake job and one of the wheels just holds air for a few days - and I think the muffler is leaking. The windscreen is not installed in the picture but was included in the deal. It's pretty much a complete ride that requires very little work to (hopefully) pass the nazis at the Swedish Technical Vehicle Control & Humiliation Center.

She will receive 15" alliance patinated pacer rims and a 2-tone paintjob of yet uncertain colors. And yes, she will be lowered quite a bit :)

bay_pickup_68.jpg

welcome to EB, SCs are rare and you struck lucky :D sounds like your hardly got anything to do to it 8)

Yeah, I guess that's usually how it starts: "Hey, I'm just gonna fix this and that and drive it like it is..." but 5000 quid and a wife later you are having yourself a really sweet ride :)

is that your boat in the background? looks big enough for Moby Dick :shock:

hello mate, sweet single cab, looking forward to seeing it painted n lowered 8)

Thanx for all your nice feedback! I have some non-VW work to do this month but I will start working on the pickup early may. I'll also try to maintain a decent stream of pictures from the quick resto. Cheers all! / Jonas