1969 Model 241 Clipper-L Sunroof Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratherb-buggin

Reaction score
Hello all,
I thought I would start a thread of my 1969 Clipper-L Sunroof bus. I love her to bits and can't wait to get her back on the road. I pulled her out of a VW yard in Texas.
She was brought back from Europe by an officer in the Air Force. Here are a few photos.

741472.jpg

657017.jpg

657016.jpg

657010.jpg

657012.jpg

657031.jpg

657035.jpg

657078.jpg

She will be my primary bay from now on. Here is a picture of what I did to my last sunroof.
763800.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm going to put a ton of cool parts on it!
I should start working on it once the weather warms up. I'm going to try to get it ready before show season.

nice find, intersting to see a european bus going to US, its usually the other way round.

Wish we had scrapyards like that,

Thank you for the kind comments! I fell in love with this bus the minute I heard about it.
I sold off my 100% rust-free 68 sunroof to focus soley on this one. She's going to be a real looker... much better than my old sunroof. The bus has a whole lot of cool history behind it. Here is my Samba thread on it: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404437&highlight=clipper
The scrap yard is near San Antonio, TX. There aren't a whole lot of vw scrap yards out there.

Just noticed the Eberspacher heater in the engine compartment - what are you plans for that (I have one that needs overhauling so if you are keeping it would be nice to see what you do)? ;)

gninnam said:
Just noticed the Eberspacher heater in the engine compartment - what are you plans for that (I have one that needs overhauling so if you are keeping it would be nice to see what you do)? ;)
I am going to get it going. A friend of mine has overhauled them before and says it's usually a fuel pump rebuild and other minor stuff to get them going. I have a spare eberspacher heater that I'll use if I need to rob parts. The heater is one of the best features of the bus since the bus was m-coded for it. No chasing cables or doing the install myself. :D

ratherb-buggin said:
No chasing cables or doing the install myself. :D

Mine didn't have on in so it will all be a learning curve (assuming I can get it working first) :D

I know there is a company nearby that can refurbish the unit, but they couldn't give me a price until they can get their hands on it ;)

ratherb-buggin said:
Be careful of that! I've heard that line from shops before! :?

Know what ya mean - wait to see how you get on with yours first :mrgreen:

Latest posts