1970 Dormobile resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well wait no longer, i give you the all new 1970 Dormobile..........

130220101422.jpg

130220101423.jpg

Only a couple of pics off Matts mobile, the rest will get emailed to me later but what do you think?

gninnam said:
Well happy for you mate... 8)

Not sure you will be so happy when i get on your case for advice on revamping the pop top mate :lol:

Some camera shots, i have been told that these photo's do not do the paint job justice and Matt said it has come out better than even he imagined.

feb13th103.jpg

feb13th102.jpg

feb13th101.jpg

feb13th099.jpg

feb13th098.jpg

feb13th097.jpg

feb13th094.jpg

feb13th096.jpg

Rexer said:
Not sure you will be so happy when i get on your case for advice on revamping the pop top mate :lol:

I will offer my advice gladly mate - just ask :D

Looks the dogs with some paint on it now 8)

Bet your well chuffed ;)

I finally got the van home, needs a little more flatting and polishing than i had hoped but should look really sweet once done.
Heres a few snaps.....

19032010356.jpg

19032010357.jpg

19032010358.jpg

19032010361.jpg

19032010362.jpg

19032010363.jpg

Oops, missed a bit. Oh well at least its only the door as i can take that off and take it back, don't fancy taking the whole van back until it's built up

19032010359.jpg

19032010360.jpg

oh, and over spray bloody everywhere, gona take ages to clean it all off........ still, at least its home and in one colour with no rot or rust anywhere :D

Mingin..........

Only joking - will look well good once you have to finish off the bits you mentioned above 8)

No photo updates but have been tinkering with the van again of late.

Nothing massive, headlights don't fit properly (crappy new front panel)

Got another pop top (cheers simon)

Still on the hunt for rubbers

Got the roof and sold the old one

d25d0824.jpg

Also just ordered the rubbers, C&C did me a good deal, same kit as Status but a little cheaper, should be here tomorrow.

Had my roof vent mech's refurb'd by a mate, have a gander at these babies

f2f502bf.jpg

7b30f0a9.jpg

they look brand new now :)

I have just got some mint original bunk material from a kind chap on here and some covers for them.

very rapidly running out of money but should be able to get the roof bellows in a few weeks, not sure if i'm going to go for the original green candy stripes or plain, maybe even a plain grey one.

Until the next update !!!!

Got a shed load of rubber to fit now,

1 x front screen seal

4 x side fixed window seals

1 x rear window seal

2 x Cab door seals

2 x cab 1/4 light light seals

2 x division bar seals

2 x rear felt channels

2 x division bar felt channels

10 x felt channel clips

2 x inner scrapers

2 x outer scrapers and trim frames

1 x sliding door seal

2 x sliding door beadings

1 x rear cargo door seal

1 x engine door seal

1 x engine door hinge seals

2 x indicator seals

2 x tail light seals

1 x number plate light seal

1 x engine tinware seal

C&C did me a fairly good deal too :)

Holy double post batman haha, let me just delete one of them haha

Fitted a few rubbers today and had a bit of a pain doing it, the door seals were perfect, the channels they are meant to go in are not. had to get the grinder out :shock:

got the tailgate seal in, went in perfect

Engine lid seal, had to slice off some rubber from the back edge at the top but sorted now, the hinge seals are another story, will try again when i have an extra pair of hands (scratch).

will have a bash at fitting some windows soon i reckon :D

Managed to get a few hours in on the bus today, took off sliding door, fitted new top roller and middle slider (nylon block.
Cleaned and oiled up all moving parts, refit and adjust. All running smooth now.

Fitted sliding door seal (my god C&C seals are nice to fit)

Ordered some opening quarter's from the states so should be nice and rust free :)

Called C&C to swap the fixed quarter rubbers for the opening ones

Seriously contemplating one of them Slamwerks beams and dropped spindles (done a shed load of over time lately)

That's about it for now, still miles off getting an MOT, not going to put a dead line on it as after 5 years i'm no longer in a rush haha

Latest posts