1970 EB DC - The Dirty Diesel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have lift off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after a long delay, I've finally stopped ordering parts and got off me backside and started on the crewie.

Decided to start cleaning it out and checking the general condition. Things didn't start so well. Whist removing the old crusty roof lining I caught the sight of this out the corner of my eye just above the sun visor:

After changing my underpants, I felt brave and went back for another look. Turned out it was just a brush :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
Got the rest of the lining down and the underside of the roof is sweet.

I then decided to check the side window reveals to see what lurked behind them. Cut off the old seal to the rear cab area as they were fubar'd and all good with no rot :D :D :D They even cleaned up well

More tonight.

Checked the front end tonight. Stripped lights, grill, badge off. Think it's had a knock on the lower left but all good. Headlight bowls, vent area and indicators housing all rust free.

Picked away at the sun dryed windscreen rubber to look for rot and only found a couple of small areas. Easy patches.

Happy days.

I was going to remove the front bumper but the sides are welded to the steps :roll: I guess I'll get the bumpers off at the weekend. Planning to get the bus out the garage this weekend too and jet wash it inside n out. There's bloody sand / dust / spider webs everywhere.

bertiethebus said:
Jet wash for the win :lol: worked a treat on mine matey!!
Smelly rats nests :roll:

Yes, it was you that made me think it was a good idea. Nothing worse than cutting off an outrigger full of rust, dust and creepy crawlies. Especially when your lying under the bus :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooh never thought of the jetwash, my engine bay looks like a horror movie with dead spiders everywhere :shock:

My only worry with jet washing is the electrics, but I'm thinking of a new loom anyway so it makes sense to start with a cleanish bus

DubBGood2Me said:
My only worry with jet washing is the electrics, but I'm thinking of a new loom anyway so it makes sense to start with a cleanish bus

Same here, all electrics are coming out soon as my windows/doors are back on

I do like a DC :mrgreen:

Have fun (sounds like you are already ;) )

DubBGood2Me said:
I figured with the lack of funds.... Mine will have all the time in the world to dry out before it ever sees a battery :lol: :lol:

Goodies have arrived :D

Opted for Autocraft Engineering parts via Cool Air
They are sick. Top quality. Seem too nice to weld onto my bus :lol:

gninnam said:
Can't go wrong with AE parts 8)

But, you will be skint now :D

TBH with the EarlyBay Cool Air discount and the package deal they do on outriggers, they worked out pretty reasonable.

It's the rest of the panels I need that will cost an arm n leg :lol:

Good day today. My mate Pete came round and helped me strip the crewie down ready for it's jet wash. Pictures taken before:

Let the soaking commence :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rather please with the results although a bit more work will be needed :roll:

Latest posts