1970 Savanagh Beige Deluxe, The Sausage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments everyone. We had a great time and would highly recommend taking a trip to the continent.
So replaced the clutch cable when we got home to be safe and was a good job too as it was on its last few strands.

Gave it a quick service and was time for the usual Bugjam onslaught. Becoming a nightmare getting in there nowadays, we queued from the village to the gate for about 90 mins. Got in around 2. Parked up in a bog and got on with it!

Saw a lot of people needing a push. Did help for a few of them but then gave up as people were being retards spinning the wheels right up and digging the ground up.
Ground pretty much dried out and the sun started shining...

Mental Breakdown and the Rocket bike were favourite track action.

Bugjam done so time for a proper clean up as not had a wash since start of year... Handwash with bucket, jetwash, polish and then a coat of Ankor Wax to seal it up for the winter. Took the best part of a whole weekend but looks a lot better for it.
Ankorwax is good stuff and it does buff up well but it doesn't make it shine as much as regular stuff but i am lazy and cannot be arsed waxing it every month. So once a year with the Ankor Wax will do me.
Wax on,

Wax off,

Off to VW Action, didn't get many photos but had a good weekend.

Spent pretty much the whole weekend lying on the bank as not really interested in club olympics, camper cooking etc
No Fireforce 3 but saw Graham Ellis turn his Green Plymouth Pro Mod sideways and miss the wall by what must have been inches. Night racing was ok as well.
Closest i got to a Top Fuel was when the one above was parked up by the Fuellers.

Time for an update.

After a long winter,

Lots of little jobs done.
Replaced my old and cracked lenses and one of the housings...

JK Drinks Holder is good,

Battery Clamps done,

New Fuel Lines, Clip and Filter,

New Rear Window seal finally in place,

And a fresh MOT courtesy of Karl up at Wolfsburg Wizards. Needed to replace a CV boot and 2 balljoint rubbers, bit of brake adjustment and good to go for another year.

Spent some time in the warm doing some work on the interior at the backend...
Old panels out and so clean in the rear hatch.

Thin layer of foam and then covered,

Add an extra layer of inch thick foam to rear cushion so no more uncomfortable ridge where it meet's the bed,

Time to pop it all back in...
Ankor Wax on,

jupxK.jpg

6ekY5.jpg

3e6as.jpg

eFras.jpg

39A0v.jpg

Fed up with sticking thermablinds on every window so got these from BAT, very impressed.

609ZW.jpg

EZlY1.jpg

Pjelu.jpg

3MqEF.jpg

5xgm8.jpg

Polish up...

enyRY.jpg

Picked up a good deal on an overhead locker, 50 pound delivered.

h6Nin.jpg

MHaZ1.jpg

Fitted it easily once i bought some decent drill bits. Read up about supporting the locker with a jack but Sarah had the genius idea using the upside down table, worked a charm,

Gx9zH.jpg

IQMtz.jpg

CH9LB.jpg

EMlDX.jpg

gOnIX.jpg

YCEFo.jpg

And that, my friends, is that.
Heading up North in 2 weeks for a wedding in Yorkshire, then over to the Lake District and a stop in at Big Bang on the way home.
Bring on the summer and fingers are crossed for the weather.

Serviced the bus ready for a trip away up North next week;
- oil change,
- reset valves, plugs, points and retimed,
- front beam greased
- Slider greased
- fixed brake reservoir in the cab with a cable tie so not just leaning there no more
- And noticed something in the Bentley i never knew so popped off the little black caps on all the door hinges and filled them all with oil.
Quick wash and Summer Ready...
sx3tD.jpg

Sausage said:
Serviced the bus ready for a trip away up North next week;
- oil change,
- reset valves, plugs, points and retimed,
- front beam greased
- Slider greased
- fixed brake reservoir in the cab with a cable tie so not just leaning there no more
- And noticed something in the Bentley i never knew so popped off the little black caps on all the door hinges and filled them all with oil.
Quick wash and Summer Ready...
IMG_0246.jpg
My door hinges are really stiff at the moment, I never knew about the little black caps that you fill with oil?must check this out tommorrow.

Headed up North in April for a wedding, continued onto the Lake District for a while and then a stop in at Santa Pod for the Big Bang on the way home to Brighton.
Bus ran sweet as a nut and am now getting an average of 31 mpg on the motorways. Previous best was 28 mpg so will take that.
Lake District,
Cold and Windy but stunning...
Wasdale,
Rldg0.jpg

0W9lf.jpg

rWFsq.jpg

FUipe.jpg

BLjeI.jpg

4FMHz.jpg

xT4Ro.jpg

Castlerig,
Stayed for 2 nights, nice little town but weather was gash.

8gYHo.jpg

aAZGz.jpg

Found a twin brother on the motorway round Manchester!
Bit odd following a carbon copy.

OuJdT.jpg

jG50z.jpg

Peak District,
Quick overnight stop on way South to the Pod.

yfIvo.jpg

yXmUs.jpg

Made it to Big Bang,
Sun came out for the photo!

6cMPQ.jpg

Tired Sarah,

0hTRQ.jpg

VbWXM.jpg

Bodydropped....

ec2fa.jpg

DEYyc.jpg

Zfbt9.jpg

wLfb7.jpg

S3Yv4.jpg

Favourite from the show,

wLKtc.jpg

ibOs1.jpg

Then back home, did just over 1000 miles in the end. Was good.

Popped back up to Santa Pod in May for the Main Event and a Nitro fix,
Sunshine and some top racing. Not many pictures though....

YEjUG.jpg

GIHOq.jpg

oarny.jpg

ZGFOH.jpg

Sausage said:
Found a twin brother on the motorway round Manchester!
Bit odd following a carbon copy.

It was me! It was me!
Although in my excitement I think my driving went to pot when I overtook you. :oops:

Haha, a photo of him taking a photo of you taking a photo of him taking a photo of you!!

Must add that I could feel your excitment and I got jealous! Also, cracking pics in the lake district.

Glastonbury Time...
Arrived on Tuesday Morning around 1100. No queueing, no problems. Field E20 and 5 mins walk from Gate C.
Kick back and relax...
vrVyK.jpg

eSYC8.jpg

k8sp0.jpg

And then 5 days of fun began...

OkT3F.jpg

w8JLI.jpg

oVk8B.jpg

STqAM.jpg

And then it was over and time to head home...

fw0VG.jpg

Portishead and the Stones ruled.
My third time and by far the best...

Latest posts