• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 Typ27 RHD Project bus ***SOLD***

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craggle

Reaction score
Up for sale...
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If your still on your seat i'll tell you a bit about this, 1970 RHD Bus, with the early body style, large 5-bolt drums, ex ambulance imported into the UK in 1979? and UK registered on a V plate. It was once sign written with 'Coast to coast Roadshow' if anyone remembers it?? I'll owned it for 15 years now, been dry stored for much of that, and not done much with it apart from cut the front panel off and partially strip it.
Anyone that been in the scene a while you'll recognise that this was 'customised' in the early '90's and would have been very in vogue with its peppermint green & splatter paint combo. :? lowered suspension and blacked out windows.
Fast forward to 2010 and it looks bloody awful but i'll list the good points/bad points and see how it goes...
GOOD POINTS.
- RHD 1970 Early bay.
- 90% original unwelded bodywork and chassis.
- Good under the arches, theres even a '27' factory chalk mark visible under the OG wax on the front NS chassis rail!
- Excellent loading bay area - all OG paint.
- Excellent under front seats - all OG paint.
- Good chassis rails.
- Comes with Rust free & primed Engine lid, valance, Front & rear bumpers!
- Rust free tail gate.
- Good gutters
- Good engine bay area.
- Comes with loads of new repair panels.
BAD POINTS.
- Front sunroof cut, spare roof section included in sale.
- Requires welding to sills/front valance/front floor/battery tray etc.
- The paint job.....

This van will come with all glass/head lights/reversing lights/wipers/front badge/new pressed number plates etc, etc and loads of other parts, but no engine or interior other than the front bench seats. If on a budget, and can do the work yourself this is a good project (Theres not much about for around 2K) and lot better starting point than many RHD UK buses at a lot, lot more money, its honest in that you can see where the works needed. Located in South Birmingham.

NEW REDUCED PRICE £2250. Comes with missing parts not shown and also loads of NEW and RUST FREE panels, which I reckon if you were to go out and buy would cost you close to a grand. ;)

Check it out under the front NS arch, and spot that factory chalk mark -
12.jpg

More pictures of the bus....

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

07a.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

(The early BJ lowered beam in the bus seen in a few pictures doesn't come with it, its available seperatly)

More pictures of some of the panels that come with the bus...

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Theres also an excellent rear bumper, dash top, sliding door track cover panel, battery tray, cab floor repair etc etc
Save yourself loads of time and effort hunting decent panels down! They are all included in the sale of the bus. :D

Don't forget theres loads of really good panels & parts included in the sale price of this project, (about a grands worth by my reckoning!) :D
Theres probably more that I'll find too...

BODY PANELS - BRAND NEW
Front panel '72on.
Lower Front panel – up to headlights '68 -72
Inner front panel
Inner doorsteps X2
Outer doorsteps X2
Cab floor repair panel
Platform tray – NS
Side door repair skin
Inner sills X2
Outer sill

BODY PANELS - ALL RUST FREE, EXCELLENT CONDITION IN PRIMER
Front bumper – centre section & steps ends '68-72
Rear bumper '68 - 72
Engine lid '70
Rear valance '70
Dashboard
Dashboard top
Air intake grille
Front badge '68 - 72
Sliding door track cover

VARIOUS PARTS - BRAND NEW
Front/rear Oblong/square pressed ali number plates.
Gear selector plate
Accelerator pedal parts
Front air intake mesh

VARIOUS PARTS - GOOD CONDITION SPARES.
Front indicators.
Glove box lid.
Dash blanking plate
Horn push.

PARTS FOR THE VAN, NOT IN THE PICTURES
Front screen.
Side glass (with horrible black stick on tint on it)
Front cab rubber mat.
Reversing lights.
Wiper arms.
Door Mirrors.
Screen wash bottle.
sun visors.
Fresh air plastic ducts.
Front bumper mounts.
Front roof cut.
Old front panel.
(Basically all the parts taken off). :D

hi,is the van still for sale ? Thank you

Most certainly is still for sale at the reduced price of £2450. :shock: Including all the parts and panels!!!
You won't find a better starting point for a RHD project than this for the money, keen to get my garage back so if interested please call me. Thanks, Craig. M.07875 695 319. Can also help with transport.

is this still for sale?
pm me your phone number if so.

To all those that have asked, Yes this van's still available now at £2250 including the parts & panels.

Yeah its a full on project, but if you can weld then this is a good EB project. Pretty solid in lots of places but needing welding in other places but not rusted away in every nooke and cranie like many UK RHD barely MOTed buses at a lot more money. The body panels are original and the panel seams are evident, its not been messed with (welding wise!) over the years. A few more pictures added of the lower body, chassis etc. Any questions please call me.
Craig M.07875 695 319

DSC05264.jpg

DSC05260.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

DSC05258.jpg

Hi just wondered do you still have this for sale i'm looking for a new project ? :lol:

Why thank you Jonesy, it sure is, I just don't have the time... Was underneath the bus the other day and the chassis rails are great, with the exception of a few small holes down the length of the (original) inner sills, and some corrison at the triangulated section at front of them the chassis area is really good. :D

Its got surface rust but the outriggers and jacking points are solid and could stay! The loading bay floor is good in all four corners! The underseat area and seat belt mounting points are good, the engine bay (with the exception of the battery trays) is good, theres load of OG paint in plenty of places! :D

If the van didn't come with the parts and panels it would be about £1650 making this a dirt cheap RHD bus and a solid basis to start with, Its loads cheaper than the US import projects, and you don't even have to go looking for the missing parts or remove a crappy, ripped up interior :D :D

Although its currently on a V plate (imported in '79) I've also spoken with DVLA, and once MOTed and taxed again the tax status can be changed to Historic vehicle (free tax) and an age related plate issued if you would rather. :D
Will try to get more pictures up of the extra parts that'll come with it posted up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts