• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 VW Beetle with 1641cc engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubpower83

Reaction score
DSC_7188_lr.jpg

For sale is my 1970 VW Beetle. It was rebuilt in January/February 2011 with all rot cut out and new metal grafted in wherever necessary. I have a large number of images available of the rebuild or you can see the full build thread through the following link:

http://all-dubz-klub.forumotion.com/t9202-1970-beetle-rebuild" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DSC_7186_lr.jpg

The car has the following:

Engine: 1641cc Remtec bottom end with a Scat C25 cam. This engine has been fully rebuilt with new Mahle barrels and pistons and new 1600cc heads. It is fitted with a lightened flywheel which is coupled to a 1200cc gearbox for acceleration and strength. The exhaust is a Bugpack merged header system with a Mondo backbox. This package makes the car quick on the road and it also put in a best time of 18.4 seconds at Big Bang on Santa Pod’s drag strip on its first run.

IMG00468-20110219-1053.jpg

Running gear: The car has been fitted with Bugpack lowering shocks all round in January this year and has also had a new steering damper fitted. The front beam is adjustable and was greased before the MOT this year. It is fitted with strong drum brakes all round which stop the car on a dime. The rear is lowered one spline. Centreline wheels are fitted with suitable profile tyres. All tyres are in good condition.

Exterior: Externally the body is sound with only minor blemishes to the paint. Underneath the chassis has been fully painted front to back in gloss black. In addition the main fuel line from the tank to the engine is brand new having been replaced in February this year after the original split.

IMG00436-20110212-0938.jpg

This shot is during its rebuild in January/February 2011.

Interior: All electrics are in full working order. The car is fitted with an Autometer rev counter which is fully plumbed in. There are four seatbelts in the car – two inertia three points in the front and two fixed three points in the rear. No stereo is fitted at present, but wiring is available and the parcel shelf has two 6x9 speakers located in it.

The Bug has an MOT until February 2012, tax until May 2012. I will also carry out an engine and brake service for the purchaser.

I’m looking for £4,000 for the car. Please contact me (Mike) on 07813 757107 – the car is located in Peterborough.

I've changed the exhaust on this car now to a single glasspack with a four-into-one manifold which gives it much better ground clearance.

To reflect this (as I had the parts in stock) I've reduced the asking price to £3,750.

Thanks,

Mike

Latest posts