Relay issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I bought a new wiper relay from Heritage. And it’s not fitting my van. The old one in the picture is on the right. Also weirdly, I bought the relay as my wipers weren’t working but whilst messing around I noticed my high beam wasn’t working either. Replaced the old relay flicked my high beam and if I keep the stalk pulled up my wipers kick in. Any ideas please I think it’s still a dodgy relay.
Does anyone know where I can get the same relay as the one on the right as well please

Attachments

• IMG_7132.jpeg
    IMG_7132.jpeg
    1.8 MB
So I bought a new wiper relay from Heritage. And it’s not fitting my van. The old one in the picture is on the right. Also weirdly, I bought the relay as my wipers weren’t working but whilst messing around I noticed my high beam wasn’t working either. Replaced the old relay flicked my high beam and if I keep the stalk pulled up my wipers kick in. Any ideas please I think it’s still a dodgy relay.
Does anyone know where I can get the same relay as the one on the right as well please
I’ve just seen this on JK it says it’s the headlight relay. I am now confused as to what’s up with my wipers

Attachments

• IMG_7134.jpeg
    IMG_7134.jpeg
    4.6 MB
The one on the left not seen before but 53 is related to wipers
The right on is headlights
Indicator is the 3 pin
Have you checked the brown earth wire from wiper motor to body?

Last edited:
yes it all looked good. I will look again on Monday. I’m away from the van at moment. I’ve got the Bentley out. Never played with electrics before. Just trying to get my head around the schematics. Just like a map with a key. 😳😳

Latest posts