1970 Westfalia/ASI Riviera

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commercial Phil

Reaction score
Today i bought :

big2.jpg

Should be collecting it in about 2-3 weeks from FBI VW in Swansea
More pic's to follow.
Thanks to Google earth and the Oregon vehicle certificate i can even see her old street :) :D

Today I will be mostly .......giving graham loadsa money! :D

Well done, this is a cool bus and in good condition. Graham is such a good guy to deal with and works really hard to keep cool buses and parts coming to the UK. And He's in South Wales.... :p Bonus.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I forgot to ask, what are the plans.....?

A change in stance????? 8)

(wheels - if it is wide five go for Sprints and if it is small five go for gas burners)

Stop encouraging me with the wheel thing!! :roll:

http://www.midlandwheels.com/kolist/1/Alloy%20Wheels/Mws/BRM/Brm-5%20Stud

possibly though.... but will definitely be having a change in stance to fit in the garage!

Graham and the FBI guys seem great and would rather spend the money locally and keep bits coming to Wales

Haven't picked the van up yet but...... the ride height will be much better thanks to Graham and boys at FBI and cool air

Being dropped on 2.5 spline and to match on rear :D

Confused by all the wheel talk and tyre size on here :oops:
Wide 5,Small 5 :oops:
MK2 Golf's were much easier! 13in well wide for euro look, 18in for the chav look.
First bus i'm sure it will make perfect sense one day, dosen't help with not having bus yet.

Can somone recomend best plan for my bus? Thanks guy's

Hi Phil

Graham often keeps a stock of nice wheels, and at a good price. If he is doing the suspension he will surely be able to recomend a wheel and tyre package to suit.

Not long now!

Think i'll keep the standards at the mo and go from there.

Although that may change at Dub freeze! Had Camper Crisis for my birthday.......mmm engines :roll:

Drive a 2003 Mini Cooper S daily at the mo so that may well go to pay for "slight" engine and brake upgrade.

Sleeper Camper :D

So then :lol:

New wheels should be here tommorow gone for
http://www.vwheritage.com/diagrams/flat4_BRM5_black.jpg
Will photobucket when they arrive

AND there's a CSP shifter sat on my dinning table as we speak :D

Now all i need is the van! :D

Will be going to Dubfreeze in it and can't wait

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that original Westy roof?
:idea:
mmmm 99% of the Westy's i've seen are backward's to mine
like:
helsinki.jpg

But now you've mentioned it i've starting looking deeply!
Found:
bbbb15-lizzy.jpg

Not an early bay and the article mention's a ASI/Riviera conversion in America, also found mentions of Sports mobile camper which is quoted as having the bed up stairs.

I know theirs quite a bit of history in the van so will dig deep when i pick it up.

Unless anyone else can shed further light :?:

Latest posts