1971 tintop

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedman

Reaction score
Having owned a 1974 1303 and a 1989 MK2 Golf GTI for a while we've been hunting for a camper, well last weekend we finally found and bought one, we're collecting it next weekend and can't wait to get out and use it.

Its a 1971 California import Westfalia tintop, recently resprayed from its original plain white

camper2.JPG

The interior is in fairly good ncik, considering its been in the Sacramento sun for years, the panels are not cracked but some trim is a bit baked and a few bits are missing

camper4.JPG

but nothing we shouldn't be able to locate, its being lowered a few inches next week and sealed underneath against the English weather

Theres more pictures on my website and I'll add more when its home with us 8)

Nice van there fella. Welcome to the forum :D

brill!! more light blue early bay campers - soon we'll be able to form a break off group ..... ha ha ha!!!

not sure what colour it is, its one of the questions on my list to ask the bloke we're buying it from :wink:

I did look at a couple of beige bays, but condition and interior ruled over colour in the end :wink:

looks smart, nice westy interior :D

though of course everyone knows that red is the connoseurs choice :wink:

its gonna be nice not to be putting a tent up, but the drive home will be a bit longer :roll:

We did Vanfest for the first time last year and went in our Mk2 Golf GTI, really going to miss going up the hill past the Air Balloon pub at 85mph over taking all those campers crawling up there :wink:

Latest posts