1972 Crossover Dormobile - Full Restoration Work In Progress

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Andy,

no i didnt do the headlining myself mate. it wasnt cheap (but nothing is on this build) - Bromsgrove Autotrim did it when they did everything else. still, cant complain their service. Think its an accalade to their quality of work that people in the scene, like Graham L, are taking their personal buses to them for work...cant be bad hey.

my german quality front bumper step rubbers arrive yesterday and fitted like a dream. i couldnt believe how well they fitted. its been a while since i've bought a part for this resto and simply "bolted it on"

Nathan

Haveacamper said:
Cheers Andy,

no i didnt do the headlining myself mate. it wasnt cheap (but nothing is on this build) - Bromsgrove Autotrim did it when they did everything else. still, cant complain their service. Think its an accalade to their quality of work that people in the scene, like Graham L, are taking their personal buses to them for work...cant be bad hey.

my german quality front bumper step rubbers arrive yesterday and fitted like a dream. i couldnt believe how well they fitted. its been a while since i've bought a part for this resto and simply "bolted it on"

Nathan

The headlining looks well worth whatever you paid so well done to BA :)

Also glad the rubber step worked OK. Need to get mine off so I can strip the bumpers and get them sorted.......

Ok, not posted for a while. i've been doing a load of non exciting things like getting the seats mounted, sorting out teething problems with wiring etc etc.

i did take some pictures for insurance purposes the ther day so thought i'd share them with you :)

p1020344l.jpg

p1020345e.jpg

p1020353t.jpg

p1020340r.jpg

p1020354t.jpg

p1020342e.jpg

p1020357aw.jpg

Haveacamper said:
Cheers

yep black and silver plates. these were just the ones i had made quickly when i first got the bus registered. can decide whether to go for the rectangle or square rear plate - which is why i havent bought them yet.

Word to the wise, ours has the square rear plate and doesn't quite fit the crossover engine lid, whoever fitted it had to cut a chunk out of the bottom to go around the catch (by drilling lots and lots of holes, very elegant :lol: ).
Rectangular rear plate is on the to do list....!

Your bus is looking awesome and suddenly very together, you must be itching to have it done now!

after some difficulty i managed to get the gearbox bolted to the hanger last night. lying under the van with the jack under the engine and a leg on the jack handle. involved attempting to get the bolt started, jack with leg, try to get the bolt started, jack with leg etc etc.

also managed to get the driveshafts fitted up.

i was surprised/shocked when i thought while lying under the bus, "I wonder when i got the gearbox rebuilt whether they put oil back in?!" and found that there wasnt any oil in the box!!!!! then i started thinking, i suppose transporting would be a bit dodgy with the breather hole etc i'm prepared to forgive Bears Motorsport :)

as a result of my findings, i've got +1 to my list - meaning i have 10 things to do before i can get the bus MoT'd :D

so its pretty much ready for the MoT....i think!

when i say its mot ready - the engine lights work, the indicators work, hazards, wipers, windscreen washers. o ye, and the engine.....

engine running clip. not sure how to enbed the link
http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/593/xrqq.mp4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maybe book and MOT for Saturday

NaFe

Latest posts