• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1972 tax exempt late bay for sale.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggz

Reaction score
As it says.Loads of extras and thing done to it.Restored in 2000,engine rebuilt 3 years ago, interior has just been finished by myself and my wife.(she did the curtains).
Loads of history including photo copies of every owners DVLC's owner manual since its import in '72.
A letter from Wolfsburg to confirm its 'tax exemptness'.
It has an agreed evaluation of 14k ,so sensible offers please.
It has a pop top roof and sleeps 4 easily as it has a full width r and r bed.The cooker and sink are both original Devon accesories, but are remodelled in cabinets which I built to accomadate the full width bed.
It also comes with an original oer the front seats type hammock for children, and a drive away awning.
It really is a lovely van, and also it is a shame to sell, but we simply need something a bit faster as my wifes relatives are spread far and wide in the south west of England, and as you all know, vans of this age arnt fitted with speedos...more like calenders.

VWBay7210.jpg

VWBay7211.jpg

VWBay7212.jpg

VWBay72-1.jpg

[IMG
VWBay723.jpg

]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp270/Soggz_2008/VWBay722.jpg[/IMG]

VWBay724.jpg

VWBay727.jpg

VWBay727.jpg

VWBay72.jpg

Tezzah said:
They're a bit erm, high up though!!! ;)

Some '72s did have the 'igh lights and the 'orrible bumpers. So it may well be a '72, if not a crossover.

Nicely sorted bus, though !

Don't get me wrong, it's lovely, and i know someone who may be interested, but it looks like a late bay, but born in late 72. :shock:
;)
:lol:

Tezzah said:
Don't get me wrong, it's lovely, and i know someone who may be interested, but it looks like a late bay, but born in late 72. :shock:
;)
:lol:
It is, but it has all original documentation from Wolfsburgh to prove its tax exempt, so without being too picky,its as good if not better than an earlier one. 8)

It's a shame to sell such a beauty!
And it seems like you have put in a real effort in the car! Love the interiour!

Please consider fitting a 2L T4 engine or a Porsche engine in the back.. Will give you the extra speed she needs, and the extra fun for you...! :lol:

Good luck. :mrgreen:

(consider this a Bump! :roll: )

Latest posts